PDA

View Full Version : Controller and Transpoter Display - How to Sync?

newy
2009-02-23, 07:48
Hey there.

After selecting a song via The Controller I'd like my Transporter to automatically go to the Now Playing screen saver which would show the song I just selected with my Controller. Currently the Transporter's display stays on whatever menu I was at before I selected a song via the Controller.

What do I have to change?

Thanks.

mherger
2009-02-23, 07:58
> What do I have to change?

Enable a screensaver for the transporter: Settings/Player/Basic.

--

Michael

newy
2009-02-23, 17:45
I thought I was losing my mind but now I know how to reproduce it (the problem). Sorry for the long post but here is what's happenning:

Windows XP computer is asleep. I wake it up by pressing Power on my Transporter. Computer wakes up and I press Power again on the Transporter to power it up. I select a song , press play and listen to some tunes. All is good except for the fact that the Transporter's display does not go to the Now Playing screen saver, nor does it dim itself to Level 3 (from Level 4) like it's supposed to.

If I use the Controller to select the next track it plays fine fine but on the Transporter it shows the new song's name for about 2 seconds and then reverts to the last Transporter menu that was accessed. Again, it stays on Level 4 brightness indefinitely.

The only way I have found to fix this problem and get the system working like it should is to Power off the Transporter and then Power it on again. Everything works fine then,

I have the computer set to go into standby mode after 30 minutes of inactivity. If I let that happen I get the same odd behaviour from the Transporter's display.

I recently installed the Really Prevent Standby plugin but I think it was happening before I installed it.

Confounded. Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks.