PDA

View Full Version : Napster Music Library Presentation

KMorgan
2009-02-23, 01:58
Hi

I'm enjoying my 30 day Napster trial and I am considering a subscription. However, I'm put off by the way my personal music library is presented on the SBC. There does not seem to be a way to list the music by album, only by artist. A PITA when many of the albums are by various artists. Have I missed a setting somewhere? This is only going to get much worse as I save more and more music to my Napster library.

The best part of the Squeeze experience is the simplification of music selection. Napster is starting to make things feel complicated again.

Keith

autopilot
2009-02-23, 04:44
I also noticed this today, it's the same via the SB Classic's interface too. It's obviously a bug, i will raise a bug report...

EDIT: Well i would if Napster was an option in Bugzilla...

autopilot
2009-02-23, 05:34
It's the same in Squeezecenter and Squeezenetwork. I have opened a bug report for SN, please vote for it: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11158

I can't open one for SC until Napster is added as a Squeezecenter component in Bugzilla.

KMorgan
2009-02-23, 09:12
This via bugzilla

--- Comment #1 from Andy Grundman <andy@slimdevices.com> 2009-02-23 08:01:38 ---Unfortunately the Napster menu structure is defined by them, so this is notavailable.

Pity. This irritation alone is probably enough to stop me subscribing.

Keith

andyg
2009-02-23, 09:18
I sent them a request to add this though, for what it's worth.

Squischi
2009-02-23, 09:57
Managing and searching for classical music is (sadly) really a pain - same problem as with compilations ....

Maybe the Napster software makes this easier - so: do they both use the same library?

Anyway, Napster integration makes SB even better!

autopilot
2009-02-23, 11:06
I sent them a request to add this though, for what it's worth.

Thanks Andy. I'm absolutely amazed that Napster don't have this option, it's unbelievably bizarre. Could you imagine taking 'Album' out of Squeezecenter's Browse menu, while leaving artist etc. I hope they add it soon.

KMorgan
2009-02-23, 11:11
Just remembered this,

Under Artists there is an entry Various Artists. Don't know what this leads to as whenever I selected it everything froze and timed out.

Not at home just now. Perhaps you could try it AutoP?

Keith