PDA

View Full Version : Plugin for showing album info?

vasik
2009-02-22, 08:33
Hi, is there any plugin for Duet that will find additional information of album? Iīm working on tagging my music, but mostly I donīt have the musicians etc. in tags a sometimes I would like to see "who plays that incredible saxophone solo on this album?"...

ralphpnj
2009-02-22, 14:47
The plugins that come closest to doing what you're looking for are Album Review and Biography (both by Michael Herger) and the most up to date versions can be found here: http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/

Both the Album Review and Biography plugin look and work great on the Controller. I suggest you give them both a try. The information is pulled off of All Music Guide and usually isn't as detailed has what you're looking for but it is pretty convenient and can be very helpful at times.

Keagy
2009-02-22, 19:31
Ralphpnj,

How do you see album reviews and biography pluggins on the duet controller? I can only see them on squeezecenter but not the duet controller.

Shawn

Keagy
2009-02-22, 19:42
I got the album review and biography working with the duet controller by pressing the center buttion in "now playing". They only see to work with the "music library" but not "music services" which is why I was having difficulty at first.

ralphpnj
2009-02-22, 19:48
Ralphpnj,

How do you see album reviews and biography pluggins on the duet controller? I can only see them on squeezecenter but not the duet controller.

Shawn

I got the album review and biography working with the duet controller by pressing the center buttion in "now playing". They don't seem to work for me with Pandora which is why I was having difficulty at first.

You answered your own question as I was writing the following response but I'll post it anyway so that others can see what you're talking about.

On the Controller:

Home Menu (press center button) -> Now Playing (press center button) -> which brings you to the Playlist screen (press center button) -> which brings you to the song info screen, scroll down list to see either "Album Review" or "Biography" and press center button to select either item. By the way, selecting "Biography" brings up another menu with items like "Read Biography", "Arist Photos", "See Also" and another 5 items.

Keagy
2009-02-22, 21:31
Ralphpnj,

Does album review and biography work for you only with "music library" and not "music services" with squeezecenter? The reason I was initially having trouble was because I trying to get them work while I was using Rhapsody. When I switched to my "music library" then album review and biography worked from the duet controller. It seems like they should also work when listening to music services.

Shawn

ralphpnj
2009-02-23, 05:55
Ralphpnj,

Does album review and biography work for you only with "music library" and not "music services" with squeezecenter? The reason I was initially having trouble was because I trying to get them work while I was using Rhapsody. When I switched to my "music library" then album review and biography worked from the duet controller. It seems like they should also work when listening to music services.

Shawn

My best guess about this is so is that the plugins are working through SqueezeCenter and so they work when one is listening to one's own music library. However, when one is listening to music services one is listening through SqueezeNetwork and not through SqueezeCenter. I hope that the SqueezeNetwork software can be upgraded to provide something similar to album review and biography when listening through SqueezeNetwork. I would suggest that you post something about this over in the "SqueezeNetwork" section of the forum.

vasik
2009-02-23, 06:40
Wonderful, thanks!

slimpy
2009-02-23, 08:52
On the Controller:

Home Menu (press center button) -> Now Playing (press center button) -> which brings you to the Playlist screen (press center button) -> which brings you to the song info screen, scroll down list to see either "Album Review" or "Biography" and press center button to select either item. By the way, selecting "Biography" brings up another menu with items like "Read Biography", "Arist Photos", "See Also" and another 5 items.

You can actually do this for every song in your library, not just from the now playing screen, just as in the web interface.