PDA

View Full Version : Napster 30 day trial - still available?

autopilot
2009-02-17, 06:51
Are Slim Devices sure it's possible to get a 30 day trial? I have looked all over the napster.com and napster.co.uk site and i can only find reference to a 7 day trial. It seem like Napter have made a few changes recently (as well as being bought out by Best Buy) - is it possible that they dont offer a 30 day trial any more? Or is there something else i need to do?

BTW, the "Join Napster Now" link in the Napster SN account tab is dead - would that have taken me to a special page for Squeezebox owners that would give me the 30 day trial?

andyg
2009-02-17, 06:54
The 30-day trial must be activated from SN. You only need to go to Napster's site to sign up for a membership.

autopilot
2009-02-17, 07:06
The 30-day trial must be activated from SN. You only need to go to Napster's site to sign up for a membership.

So you don't need a membership for Napster then? (the 'Join' link is dead).

Also, I am now seeing this on the SN Napster Page...

"Your Napster trial has expired. Continue your Napster membership and keep the music playing. Access music you've saved in your Napster library without interruption and enjoy unlimited, on-demand listening directly from your Squeezebox."

andyg
2009-02-17, 07:09
It's an anonymous trial. PM me your SN email and I will check on why your trial didn't work. The Join link is broken until Napster adds the /squeezebox path, which isn't going to happen until tomorrow. I forgot to change that yesterday.

autopilot
2009-02-17, 07:19
Ok, just logged in and out of SN and it now says "30 days left...". I will see if it works now cheers...

autopilot
2009-02-17, 07:22
Right, i must be incredibly stupid - but how do i add tracks to my library without an account?

andyg
2009-02-17, 07:28
You still have an account, it's just internal to the system. If you add stuff to your library and later upgrade to a real account, the library is transferred.

autopilot
2009-02-17, 09:20
You still have an account, it's just internal to the system. If you add stuff to your library and later upgrade to a real account, the library is transferred.

Ok, i can play/search/etc via the SBc, which is cool, just can't search using the SB3 and IR remote.

Other than the SBc, is they any other way to add stuff to the library?

Excellent work BTW chaps, great to see this added now and the SB line going from strength to strength :)

jwedwards
2009-05-12, 03:58
I joined Napster yesterday (11/05) through SN but my Napster account shows renewal date as 18/05 (i.e a 7 day free trial). How do I activate the 30-day trial?