PDA

View Full Version : transporter: I want to disable volume control

defender1844
2009-02-14, 14:22
Can this be done? I bought a unit on a whim. Let me say that the interface is absolutely incredible and much preferable to a Mac Mini with USB DAC. A transporter/SB simply has to be a source in your stereo system. The internet radio, pandora and last.fm make it worthwhile alone.

Please advise if there is a way to disable the volume control as I am using my transporter with a preamp.

Great product.

Amit

schiegl
2009-02-14, 14:33
Amit,

check out settings->player->_name-of-player->audio->Volume Control->Output Level is fixed at 100%

description of this function:
"You can fix the volume control at 100% if you are using the volume control on your amplifier to control loudness or need perfect digital passthrough. This affects both digital and analog volume."

kind regards,
Markus

defender1844
2009-02-14, 14:41
Markus,

Is this via the squeeze center or is on the unit itself? I'm guessing this is accomplished via the web interface. I just can't find settings.

Amit

radish
2009-02-14, 14:56
Bottom right of the web interface.

defender1844
2009-02-14, 15:37
My god this thing is cool. It took me a second to realize audio was a pull down option.

peterw
2009-02-14, 15:50
If you want to lock the volume at a lower level, consider the Transporter attenuators, or my VolumeLock plugin. Only downside of choosing a slightly lower volume with VolumeLock is a lower S/N ratio, but I suspect you're unlikely to hear the difference with normal (I.e. not abnormally quiet) recordings.

defender1844
2009-02-14, 21:34
The volume button still functions on my digital inputs. How do I disable this as well? It does work perfectly when streaming from my music library on my computer. I do use the digital inputs though.