PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox classic

3nuttyspringers
2009-02-06, 14:29
After much deliberation, I have finally ordered a Squeezebox classic. I was lucky to have got the last one from amazon. Should be here early next week.
I'm quite exited.

snarlydwarf
2009-02-06, 14:38
Congrats!

I hope you saved enough money to buy more CD's.. when you finish ripping yours you will want... more.

And another SB.. or two.. or three...

Mark Miksis
2009-02-06, 14:55
Congrats!

I hope you saved enough money to buy more CD's.. when you finish ripping yours you will want... more.

I disagree :-)

Seriously, I find that the longer I've owned my squeezeboxes, the less I listen to my own music and the more I listen to Pandora, Slacker, etc.

jo-wie
2009-02-06, 15:35
Don't forget the hours you did spend in this forum ;-)

But I agree, you will listen on more music than pre Squeezebox.

SuperQ
2009-02-06, 16:52
I you have not done so already, you should download Squeezecenter from http://www.slimdevices.com/su_downloads.html and get it setup on your PC.

iPhone
2009-02-06, 17:16
I disagree :-)

Seriously, I find that the longer I've owned my squeezeboxes, the less I listen to my own music and the more I listen to Pandora, Slacker, etc.

You content jukie you! ;-}

But Fletch is right that the SB opens all kinds of doors. The content issue for me is that Pandora causes me to discover new music or new groups and I just have to have them so more CDs.

Anyway, Enjoy all the music!

3nuttyspringers
2009-02-07, 01:39
Thanks for replies everyone. I will download Squeezecente sometime today.
No doubt as a silver surfer I will be on here asking questions.
I already have a robertsWM-202 wifi internet radio, but it is not possible to listen to live 365 or last.fm, so a squeezebox will open new doors for me.
Exciting times.

3nuttyspringers
2009-02-07, 03:46
I have a question re Squeezecentre, do I have to have this on my main PC, or can I have it on the laptop.

toby10
2009-02-07, 04:11
I have a question re Squeezecentre, do I have to have this on my main PC, or can I have it on the laptop.

Either, or both. :)

Which do you want to act as your server? It's best to have your server computer wired to your router.

You can also access your SC on your PC from your laptop (or vice versa) using: http://192.168.2.202:9000/

Obviously your SC's IP is probably different than mine.

3nuttyspringers
2009-02-10, 12:22
It arrived today. What a lovely bit of kit. Surprisingly heavy for the size.
It's going to take a few days at least to work it all out, but I like a challenge. One good thing is that I can take it to bed with earphones.

iPhone
2009-02-10, 14:46
It arrived today. What a lovely bit of kit. Surprisingly heavy for the size.
It's going to take a few days at least to work it all out, but I like a challenge. One good thing is that I can take it to bed with earphones.

Enjoy and be careful! Your speakers and stereo system might get jealous when they see you in bed with a Squeezebox.