PDA

View Full Version : Quick rescan, remove files?

badbob
2009-02-06, 05:00
Does quick rescan remove entries in the database from deleted files? Also it didn't seem to change entries, I had a album titled say "SHANIA" I changed that to "Shania Twain" but it didn't move change it. A bit annoying everytime I change things it might require a full scan.

aubuti
2009-02-06, 05:26
Does quick rescan remove entries in the database from deleted files? Also it didn't seem to change entries, I had a album titled say "SHANIA" I changed that to "Shania Twain" but it didn't move change it. A bit annoying everytime I change things it might require a full scan.
A quick rescan does not recognize any deletions. You need a clear-and-rescan for that.

For new-and-changed the scanner uses the timestamp on the file to determine what is new and changed. Many tagging programs have an option on whether or not to update the file timestamp when you change tags, because some people prefer not to change the timestamp when only making tag changes. Check the settings on your tagger, and make sure it updates the timestamp when editing tags. If you do that then a new-and-changed scan should pick up your changes (but it still won't pick up any deletions).

badbob
2009-02-06, 08:20
Any chance rescan option for "remove entries for deleted files" can be added? Since it takes 6 hours to do a rescan on the qnap.

Also how about forcing a rescan of any one directory and update database? For example if I just add 10 albums from Shania Twain I just can tell Slimserver just to rescan ST directory.

Mick Seymour
2009-02-08, 23:58
A quick rescan does not recognize any deletions.

Yes it does.

I often use it when I've got the odd tag wrong. I move the album's files out of the library, do a quick rescan to remove them from the database, fix the tags, move the files back and do another quick rescan.

I think this is what badbob wants.

jo-wie
2009-02-09, 02:23
Also how about forcing a rescan of any one directory and update database? For example if I just add 10 albums from Shania Twain I just can tell Slimserver just to rescan ST directory.

Use browse directory to play/access your new added files Squeezecenter will add the files to the database.

funkstar
2009-02-09, 03:16
For the next major revision of SqueezeCenter the whole database backend and scanning system is being overhauled. This is being refered to as NewSchema. You can read more about it in the Wiki - http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/NewSchema. There is also a monolithic bug in Bugzilla that is acting as a catch all for the related items - http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8303