• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millwood
    • Jan 2006

update cover art without full rescan

I'm lobbying for support for

or its friends.

The issue is that it takes a full rescan to get SC to notice changes in cover art - be they additions or replacements. That gets frustrating when you're trying to get the cover art right.

Or am I the only one?
    2 SB3, 1 Duet
    Debian Buster server LMS 8.3,0
    TP-Link AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router wireless network.
  • MeSue
    • Jul 2005

I'm thinking this is only an issue if you don't embed the cover art. When it's embedded, it would change the file modification date of the songs, and get picked up on the New&changed scan.

What happens if you browse to the music folder where you have just added artowrk. Does SC see it then?
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Comment

• dcote
      • Jan 2007

hi!

hmmm.... dont think i've seen this behavior. i've been adding album art slowly but surely to my collection only through a "scan for changes" with consistently perfect results.

but here is the (possible?) caveat: since most of my music is vorbis, i am not embedding it (due to known bugs and incompatibilities), rather just putting an "album.jpg" file in the same directory as the track itself.

quite possible that (re-)discovering _embedded_ albumart requires a full re-scan tho...

Comment

• iPhone
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Millwood
        I'm lobbying for support for

or its friends.

The issue is that it takes a full rescan to get SC to notice changes in cover art - be they additions or replacements. That gets frustrating when you're trying to get the cover art right.

Or am I the only one?
        Are you talking about changes to Cover Art for music files already on the drive that SC has already scanned in the past?
        iPhone
        Media Room:
        ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
        Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
        Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
        Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
        Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
        Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
        Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
        Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Comment

• Enoch Soames
          • Jul 2007

I'd like to see something like that as well. The new music scan will pick up new art with no problem, but if you change the art in a previously scanned album you've got to do a complete rescan before the changed art will show up.

Comment

• furonfour
            • Apr 2008

I'm not exactly sure if this will work, I think it has for me in the past.

I once replaced the album art of an album, did a rescan and noticed there was no change in the album art on the album itself, yet the album art on the songs themselves did change.

Clearing the browser cache didn't help. I figured it had to be cached elsewhere, so I changed the size of the thumbnail display in the SqueezeCenter settings:

Settings - Interface - Thumbnail Size

After doing so, the artwork for the album was updated. I do still think you need to run the "Look for new and changed music" rescan prior to this. If this does work, it should help avoid doing the complete rescan.

After it was done I changed the size back, and the image was still as it should be.

Hope this helps.
            Last.FM - Chaos is the mother of all creation.

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

Can people be more explicit whether the problem they are experiencing is with art as it appears on the web browser interface or on the controller.

A web browser and controller have different caches. I think refreshing the precache (e.g. by changing thumbnail size) is important for controller.

Comment

• furonfour
                • Apr 2008

In my case it was the artwork displayed in the web browser interface of SqueezeCenter. I'd like to point out it's been a while since I had that issue and used that "fix", a few versions of SqueezeCenter have been released since, so the problem I had may no longer exist. I just made the post hoping it would help the original posters artwork problem.
                Last.FM - Chaos is the mother of all creation.

Comment

• bpa
                  • Oct 2005

With browsers you must also clear the browser cache or do a full reload - some images are very sticky and it is the browser who may be caching.

Comment

• notec
                    • Jan 2009

Look for new and changed music fails to display album art.

I still have this problem. Album art does not appear when new albums are added on both the SC and the Controller. Running "Look for new and changed music" fails to do anything. Occasionally, it picks one up. Occasionally. If I drill down in SC to the Album itself still no images.

Controller no images.

Only after a "Clear library and rescan everything." Will album art display in both the SC and Controller.

----------------------
                    Version: 7.3.2 - 24695
                    Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
                    Platform Architecture: 586
                    Perl Version: 5.8.8 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
                    MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Controller: 7.3 r3993

Comment

Working...