PDA

View Full Version : Can't disable Sync from SB3 remote

ntang
2009-01-27, 21:03
Hi

I have a duet and also an SB3...whenever I sync them via either their respective remote or the SC7.3.2, I am unable to unsync the SB3 using the IR remote.

I can unsync both players using the Duet Controller remote but not using the IR SB3 remote

JJZolx
2009-01-28, 18:35
Hi

I have a duet and also an SB3...whenever I sync them via either their respective remote or the SC7.3.2, I am unable to unsync the SB3 using the IR remote.

I can unsync both players using the Duet Controller remote but not using the IR SB3 remote

I just noticed this, too. It's also in SC 7.4 beta.

JJZolx
2009-01-28, 18:42
Filed as bug 10888 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10888).

awy
2009-01-29, 05:58
Hmm, I cannot reproduce this. What exactly do you mean by "unable to unsync the SB3 using the IR remote"? I know, that sounds like a stupid question.

I can, using the IR remote, go to Setting / Synchronize. The two lines on the display say:

Sync with:
PlayerX where PlayerX is a player not currently synced.

then I scroll down to the next entry and I get:

Unync with:
PlayerY where PlayerY is a a player that is currently synced with this player.

If I go right at this point then the player is unsynced and the display changes to Sync with: ...

ntang
2009-01-29, 07:51
Hmm, I cannot reproduce this. What exactly do you mean by "unable to unsync the SB3 using the IR remote"? I know, that sounds like a stupid question.

I can, using the IR remote, go to Setting / Synchronize. The two lines on the display say:

Sync with:
PlayerX where PlayerX is a player not currently synced.

then I scroll down to the next entry and I get:

Unync with:
PlayerY where PlayerY is a a player that is currently synced with this player.

If I go right at this point then the player is unsynced and the display changes to Sync with: ...

Are you using a Duet AND an SB3?

awy
2009-01-29, 08:35
Not in my previous test (it was a Boom and another player) on 7.4 beta. I just repeated the test with an SB3 and and SBR on 7.3.2, and it worked fine for me.

jrichardson
2009-01-29, 16:05
I am unable to replicate this with SC 7.3.2 using a SB Duet and SB3.

Please turn player.sync logging to DEBUG, replicate the error, then attach the log file to the bug.

We can investigate it further at that time.

JJZolx
2009-01-29, 16:51
Ok, I was wrong... but not completely. Seems I was expecting the same web interface changes that were made to the web interface. Let's just say it's a poor implementation of the user interface.

If you have your font size set to large, you never even see the small "Unsync with" text. It's not even on the screen. All you see is a list of player names. If the font is smaller, it appears on the screen, but you may not be able to see it, which was the case earlier when I was trying to unsync my Boom sitting on top of the kitchen cabinets.

There should simply be a menu item in the larger font that says "No Synchronization", as it's done in the web interface. I'll make a note to the bug.