PDA

View Full Version : Can't see music library on my Boom or Squeezenetwork but it is there on SqueezeCenter

RazorBrades
2009-01-25, 09:35
My SBB works (almost) perfectly. It connects to the computer, accesses SqueezeNetwork and everything. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to be able to see my music library. I can see them all listed there on SqueezeCenter but they don't make it as far as my machine - where it simply reads 'Empty' on the Music Library.

And, to confuse matters, my Favourites don't show up in my SqueezeCenter. They are there on SqueezeNetwork, and on my Boom but - when the player drops out - I lose all my favourites and have to update the firmware to get them back. SqueezeNetwork recognizes the Boom as I can start and play it from there but my library stored on my PC doesn't make it beyond SquuezeCenter (and definitely not as far as my Boom).

I have Norton where I have 'Trusted' my Boom and have checked the Windows ports to see that they are all privileged but I just can't seem to get my library to appear.

Didn't worry me too much at first as I was happy playing LastFM and Deezer all day long but a couple of months in it is starting to be a bit of an irritation.

trypan
2009-01-25, 16:59
It may still be a firewall issue. To confirm that it isn't Norton, you'll need to uninstall Norton and then try the Squeezebox. At least this is what tech support had me do (make sure you have the means to reinstall Norton first). Before calling them, I also tried adding the firewall ports manually, but I wasn't doing it right.

My SBB works (almost) perfectly. It connects to the computer, accesses SqueezeNetwork and everything. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to be able to see my music library. I can see them all listed there on SqueezeCenter but they don't make it as far as my machine - where it simply reads 'Empty' on the Music Library.

And, to confuse matters, my Favourites don't show up in my SqueezeCenter. They are there on SqueezeNetwork, and on my Boom but - when the player drops out - I lose all my favourites and have to update the firmware to get them back. SqueezeNetwork recognizes the Boom as I can start and play it from there but my library stored on my PC doesn't make it beyond SquuezeCenter (and definitely not as far as my Boom).

I have Norton where I have 'Trusted' my Boom and have checked the Windows ports to see that they are all privileged but I just can't seem to get my library to appear.

Didn't worry me too much at first as I was happy playing LastFM and Deezer all day long but a couple of months in it is starting to be a bit of an irritation.