PDA

View Full Version : Multi disc sets not in order

badbob
2009-01-21, 07:22
Multi disc sets are shown in the same album, but rather than 1-1, 1-2 etc then 2-1 etc it's displaying the second number tracks in order 4-1, 3-1, 2-1 etc, rather than tracks from disc 1 at the top. Is there any way of changing this?

slimpy
2009-01-21, 07:39
File type?
Are all files in one directory or one directory per disc?
And please post the tags of two tracks from two different discs.

-s.

aubuti
2009-01-21, 07:44
Multi disc sets are shown in the same album, but rather than 1-1, 1-2 etc then 2-1 etc it's displaying the second number tracks in order 4-1, 3-1, 2-1 etc, rather than tracks from disc 1 at the top. Is there any way of changing this?
Is it really displaying them in reverse order of disc number (4-1, 3-1, 2-1, etc.)? Or is it displaying them 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1,...,N-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, .... ?? If it's the latter, then you might have run into a MySQL sorting bug. In addition to the info that slimpy asked for, it would be good to know what version of MySQL you're running. Also, if you search on the forums you'll find which MySQL versions are affected.

badbob
2009-01-21, 07:56
flac and mp3. Both are incorrect order.
Doesn't matter if files are in one directory or not. Michael Jackson Ultimate is split into seperate CD directories, but albums in various artists are in the same directory (seems SS treat multi-disc as 1 album doesn't like for VA) But both are shown not in 1-1, 1-2 order as I want.

Artist Name : Depeche Mode
Track Title : Precious
Album Title : The Complete Smallville
Date :
Genre : Soundtrack
Composer :
Performer :
Album Artist :
Track Number : 1
Total Tracks :
Disc Number : 5
Total Discs : 5
Comment :

Artist Name : Good Charlotte
Track Title : Girls And Boys
Album Title : The Complete Smallville
Date :
Genre : Soundtrack
Composer :
Performer :
Album Artist :
Track Number : 1
Total Tracks :
Disc Number : 3
Total Discs : 5
Comment :

Version: 7.3.2 - 24695 @ Mon Jan 19 18:55:04 PST 2009
Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Perl Version: 5.8.8 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

snarlydwarf
2009-01-21, 09:43
Just to take care of the obvious...

Go to Settings -> Music Library and check the status of multidisc albums.

It should be set to 'Treat Multi-disc sets as a single album'

This will (assuming all Albumname's are set the same of course), group all the discs, well, into a single album. It should work fine on the two tracks you listed.

Of course, if you're talking about Browse Music Folder, that ignores tags completely (by design).

slimpy
2009-01-21, 09:58
Does SC list these two tracks correctly (song info page), especially does it list track and disc number as expected?
It would be more helpful to see two tracks from the same album but different discs.
Also if you could paste the output of metaflac to see what the internal tag names are. It seems you have listed the output of some tagging program.

metaflac --list --block-type=VORBIS_COMMENT <filename>

-s.

Bradley
2009-01-30, 22:14
I agree that this is broken in the latest release (7.3.2).

Multi-Disc Compilation (e.g., Various Artists) Albums appear as separate listings for each disc, even though settings are set to group as one disc.

Also interesting is that each track on the 1st Disc of the group is numbered, 1, 2, 3...N. But the 2nd Disc in the group has it's tracks labelled 2-1, 2-2, 2-3,...2-N. 3rd Disc in the group has its tracks labelled 3-1, 3-2, etc.

Multi-Disc Single Artist Albums set to group as one disc work fine.

*Bradley

paulster
2009-01-31, 03:34
I'm running 7.3.2 and I've jut checked that my multi-disc Various Artists compilations are displaying correctly.

Provided your tagging is consistent across the discs then it's working just fine for me.

I use the COMPILATION=1 tag, no ALBUMARTIST tag, and set the DISCNUMBER tag to 1/2, 2/2, etc. and TRACK to the track number within each disc.

badbob
2009-01-31, 06:08
I'm using Erlands Custom Browse plugin I have no idea if that's effecting it. Pretty sure it worked in the past.

Also I have one artist in upper case, I've browse through the artist and cannot find a track with upper case, any idea?

Bradley
2009-01-31, 08:05
No, It isn't working and my FLAC/Vorbis Tags are correct. This worked perfectly in prior versions to 7.3.2. Now my album listings are not correct for Various Artists Compilation groupings.

All it took was an upgrade to 7.3.2 and rescan of my library to produce this problem.

badbob
2009-01-31, 08:14
I wish Logitech leave it longer between updates, but make sure each version does not introduce more bugs. More pain in the ass upgrading only to find it has problems.