PDA

View Full Version : Playing all PC audio through SB3

Dr.Congo
2009-01-19, 16:34
Hi,

This may have covered elsewhere, but after searching could not find anything to do this.

Is there a way to have any other audio from a PC sent to the SB3?

For example, in the set up where a PC has no speakers or headphones connected would it be possible to have the sound from PC DVD playback routed through to the SB?

Hope this makes sense and grateful for any advice.

bpa
2009-01-19, 16:38
The WaveInput plugin will copy PC audio to Sc and thence to SB3 or whatever. However it is not useful for DVD as there is a delay due to buffering and network and so audio/video will be out of sync.

Dr.Congo
2009-01-19, 16:47
bpa,

Great! thanks for the quick reply and I will add this plug in immediately!

Good point about the sync being out - especially if via WiFi.

Dr.Congo
2009-01-20, 11:16
Used the Extension Downloader to install WaveInput (v1.03). As I am running SqueezeCentre SSODS on a NAS (which I believe is running a Linux OS) I am not sure if it will work.

At this stage when I look at the File Types/WaveInput section the FLAC/MP3/WAV are all disabled and greyed out so I can not change them.

I don't know what to try next or if I am doing anything wrong...

bpa
2009-01-20, 11:40
The plugin is for PC running SC. It will not install on SSODS and will not work as your PC is generating the audio.

You need to use something like vlc or window media encoder to generate a http stream of PC audio and then SC to play the stream.