PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser RS-120

MeSue
2009-01-11, 19:16
Anyone else have these headphones? I like everything about them except that they are very loose on my head and there is no adjustment. If I sneeze, I have to hold them or they will go flying.

I was curious if others have this problem with them. I don't think my head is abnormally small.

I even got the company to exchange my first set because they were so loose but the replacement is just as bad.

Can anyone suggest wireless headphones that are similar in price and quality but better-fitting? Preferably ones without foam directly on your ears... the Sennheisers have a nice covering.

Dogberry2
2009-01-12, 07:41
I have the RS-120 headphones. I like them, but I have noticed that if I'm up and active while wearing them (e.g. moving around the kitchen, cooking) I have to be careful or they'll slip, mainly if I bend over. But for the most part, I use them while sitting or reclining, and they're fine then. I do think they could have been made a little more adjustable. I recall when I was looking into wireless headphones reading reviews on Amazon about these ones, and some fella complained that they were too tight on his head. So apparently they fit properly on only a small range of head sizes. I haven't used any other wireless 'phones, so I can't make a recommendation.

andyg
2009-01-12, 08:10
Wow, what idiot designed headphones like that with no adjustment? I'm a big fan of Sennheiser but that's just crazy.

Dogberry2
2009-01-12, 08:16
Well, they do have some adjustment (the standard sliding side pieces). It's just that at their tightest (slid all the way in) they're still not real snug.

MeSue
2009-01-12, 08:54
Right... the ear pieces slide up and down, but there is no tension to the width. They seem to get looser over time, too. When I first got my replacement set, they felt better, but now are just as bad. I can put a rubberband around them overnight and they are tighter for a couple of hours, but that's about it.

sc53
2009-01-13, 12:56
Hi Sue--I'm a Girl Geek too. For headphone recommendations and TONS of info on stuff like fit, sound, best price, etc., visit www.head-fi.org. I have been a member there for years. Some of the best-sounding headphones (e.g. various models of AKG) fit best on BIG heads, not smaller ladies' heads! The best-fitting headphones I have found, for my somewhat smaller lady-head, are from Beyerdynamics and Sennheiser. So I'm surprised that the Senn wireless you are using don't fit that well on a smaller head. If you go to www.headphone.com (Headroom's site), they also are full of info on size and fit of the various models they sell. Hopefully you can find a smaller, better-fitting set with their helpful guidance.

pichonCalavera
2009-01-13, 17:06
I have the RS-120 but then again I have a big head so they fit very tight on me and I can actually laid down on my bed, walk and move freely without worrying about them.

I have the Senns HD 595 also, and with those I'm always struggling to keep them on my head :( , of course, the sound quality difference keep the HD 595 on my head more often :) .

MeSue
2009-01-13, 21:17
The Beyerdynamic RSX 700 sure look nice but I can't find any US sites selling them. Not even eBay.

Goodsounds
2009-01-14, 14:58
Have you tried using ear bud (in-ear) devices? I find the ones with silicone ear pieces comfortable for hours on end, there's no headband to adjust, and the mid-priced ones provide quite acceptable sound quality. Most come with S-M-L insert sizes to accomodate ear canals of all sizes.

MeSue
2009-01-14, 15:39
Have you tried using ear bud (in-ear) devices? I find the ones with silicone ear pieces comfortable for hours on end, there's no headband to adjust, and the mid-priced ones provide quite acceptable sound quality. Most come with S-M-L insert sizes to accomodate ear canals of all sizes.

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. I recently got some like that and they are very nice and have their place, but I don't like them for at the computer where I need to use headphones for long periods. (I share the home office with my husband.)

Maybe it's a personality quirk, but I hate the feeling of being tethered to a computer! With wireless headphones I can get up for a drink or move around the room without having to constantly take them off. Sometimes I am switching between my PC and Mac and wireless lets me roll my chair back and forth without having to deal with a cord.

The Sennheisers are really good despite the looseness. I get very little interference moving through my whole house. I was mostly curious if others have the same issue. I have endured the looseness for 2 years and haven't found anything better for the price. When it gets to be too annoying I wear a headband over the headphones. It looks silly, but it keeps them on. :-) It was actually a photo of that which convinced Sennheiser to send me a replacement. Hopefully they will redesign the headset for the next generation models. They have 3 other models of wireless headphones, but the design of the headset is nearly identical for all of them.

Dogberry2
2009-01-14, 16:24
When it gets to be too annoying I wear a headband over the headphones. It looks silly, but it keeps them on. :-) It was actually a photo of that which convinced Sennheiser to send me a replacement. Hopefully they will redesign the headset for the next generation models.Or perhaps they'll simply start bundling an attractive headband with the 'phones. ;-)