PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox won't start up-vista

mrpotto
2009-01-11, 08:50
Hi new poster here. Have had squeezebox for a while but went through some issues after changing internet providers. I figured the wireless issues out but now I can't get the squeezecenter to start on my pc. I see the icon in the system tray and it continually shows the message "squeezecenter starting" but it never does start. Last time to get it to work I had to uninstall and reinstall. I don't want to have to keep doing that. I have a Vista operating system.

Any thoughts?

Skunk
2009-01-11, 09:19
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I struggled with the SC starting... thing a lot on multiple win2k installs, but since going to XP I haven't seen the problem.

This has been discussed a lot, so you might try a search on the forums for: vista starting, or similar. If nothing rings a bell give support a call or email.

kesey
2009-01-11, 11:58
Hi new poster here. Have had squeezebox for a while but went through some issues after changing internet providers. I figured the wireless issues out but now I can't get the squeezecenter to start on my pc. I see the icon in the system tray and it continually shows the message "squeezecenter starting" but it never does start. Last time to get it to work I had to uninstall and reinstall. I don't want to have to keep doing that. I have a Vista operating system.

Any thoughts?

I have no trouble with Squeezecenter on Vista Ultimate 32. Which version of Squeezecenter are you using? I would give it one more go of uninstalling and re-installing.

I suggest downloading the latest version of 7.3.2 from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/SqueezeCenter_7.3_trunk_v2009-01-11/

When you have un-installed via Add/Remove Programs go to c:\Programs and check if the Squeezecenter file is gone.
If yes, fine; if not, delete it.
Now go to c:\Program Data (not at my vista computer now so name may be a little diff.)
Delete the Squeezecentre file there: it contains the cache etc.

I would now reboot the computer to ensure you get a nice clean install. When rebooted, install Squeezecenter 7.3.2 (version no is 24612).

good luck, kesey.