PDA

View Full Version : ipeng native and XM radio

jmanings
2009-01-09, 21:06
First the good news...

Ipeng Rocks! And I can actually use the XM plugin again on SqueezeCenter v 7.3

However...while i can see and use XM under the internet radio tab in squeezecenter on my pc and SB3, I do not see it in ipeng. It should show up at the top right above staff picks.

Any idea if im doing something wrong? Or if it is not part of ipeng?

I did flush the cache after installing the plugin

Thanks in advance

pippin
2009-01-10, 03:22
Unfortunately, the XM Radio plugin is not currently supported.
It doesn't use the "XMLBrowser" plugin interface most other radio plugins use but only provides a Web Interface.

For the same reason, the XM Radio plugin also doesn't work on the Squeezebox Controller.

I do have an Idea how it could still be supported on iPeng but it will definitely be a while before I implement this, the best solution would really be if the plugin was changes to support XMLBrowser or at least Jive Menus, that would also make it work on the SBC and SqueezePlay.

jmanings
2009-01-10, 11:18
Thanks Pippin

Unfortunatly i was mistaken, the XM plugin only worked the first time after I installed it, then it stopped working. So i cannot use it at all in SC either. I hope someone gets it working soon.

No if you could only get a way to play Wolfgang's Vault in SC or Ipeng, I would be so appreciative!!!

Take care

pippin
2009-01-10, 11:23
Thanks Pippin

Unfortunatly i was mistaken, the XM plugin only worked the first time after I installed it, then it stopped working. So i cannot use it at all in SC either. I hope someone gets it working soon.

No if you could only get a way to play Wolfgang's Vault in SC or Ipeng, I would be so appreciative!!!

Take care

Well, if the XM plugin works (maybe it's just the version control code, as usual?), then I could recommend the free iPeng plugin, it's a bit old and slow but it has perfectly working XM plugin support :-)

Nonreality
2009-01-11, 01:51
Well, if the XM plugin works (maybe it's just the version control code, as usual?), then I could recommend the free iPeng plugin, it's a bit old and slow but it has perfectly working XM plugin support :-)

Does it work with 7.3? I've been holding off upgrading because of the lack of a working xm radio. I have ipeng on my sons touch and if xm worked on it I would upgrade. I just don't want to lose my XM. I like my Opie and Anthony for some perverted reason. : )

pippin
2009-01-11, 03:02
I don't know I also run XM on an older system.
Will try tonight.

full moon
2009-01-11, 06:01
Would like Squeezebox to have Xm as an option like Sirius..