PDA

View Full Version : How to stream Coast FM in New Zealand?

norderney
2009-01-05, 15:18
Anybody know what the URL is for streaming Coast FM in New Zealand via my Transporter?

The Coast FM web site is :
http://www.thecoast.net.nz
http://www.thecoast.net.nz/ListenLive/Default.aspx

andyg
2009-01-05, 15:19
Internet Radio -> Search -> "Coast FM New Zealand"

norderney
2009-01-05, 15:33
Internet Radio -> Search -> "Coast FM New Zealand"

How is this suposed to work?

If I select Search it says "No Results For..."

Am I supposed to enter the station name before selecting Search?

I am runniong SC Version: 7.3 - 24270 @ Wed Dec 10 03:01:22 PST 2008

andyg
2009-01-05, 15:35
Yes, search for Coast FM.

norderney
2009-01-05, 15:41
Yes, search for Coast FM.

Where do I enter the text before selecting Search. How exactly does this work? I have never used this search option. There seems no way of entering any text either before or after clicking on Search.

What am I doing wrong?

andyg
2009-01-05, 15:46
Using the web UI, a search box should appear when you hover over the search item.

toby10
2009-01-05, 16:06
Where do I enter the text before selecting Search. How exactly does this work? I have never used this search option. There seems no way of entering any text either before or after clicking on Search.

What am I doing wrong?

My search button was not functioning on a previous version of SC7, I wonder if you may have that version.

But it works fine now, your Coast FM comes up as the second station in the results list. Do you have a RadioTime account set up? I think the search may depend (in whole or in part) on RadioTime being setup to function.

norderney
2009-01-05, 16:13
My search button was not functioning on a previous version of SC7, I wonder if you may have that version.

But it works fine now, your Coast FM comes up as the second station in the results list. Do you have a RadioTime account set up? I think the search may depend (in whole or in part) on RadioTime being setup to function.

How do I setup the RadioTime account on SC7.3?

I already have an account with RadioTime, so do I just need to configure SC7.3? I need to enter the username and password?

toby10
2009-01-06, 04:36
How do I setup the RadioTime account on SC7.3?

I already have an account with RadioTime, so do I just need to configure SC7.3? I need to enter the username and password?

No, you setup your RadioTime account info on SN. Then make sure SC7 has your SN login info in Settings > SN

You may have already done this, I dunno, just asking. :)

In SC7 > Internet Radio > RadioTime Presets > ...... you should see your RadioTime login ID on top left menu as "norderney's Presets".

norderney
2009-01-06, 17:06
No, you setup your RadioTime account info on SN. Then make sure SC7 has your SN login info in Settings > SN

You may have already done this, I dunno, just asking. :)

In SC7 > Internet Radio > RadioTime Presets > ...... you should see your RadioTime login ID on top left menu as "norderney's Presets".

OK, I have done this and now when I go into the SC7.3 web interface, I now get an extra option under Internet Radio called RadioTime Presets.

If I select RadioTime Presets I just get the message - No stations or shows available. Below RadioTime Presets I have an option called Search. If I click on Search it just says "No Results For".

These are the options I have in my Internet radio menu. How is the Search option between RadioTime Presets and Alien BBC supposed to work?

Internet Radio

Staff Picks
Local
Music
World
radioio
More Radio...
RadioTime Presets
Search
Alien BBC
BBC iPlayer
Tune In URL

Thanks for your help.

andyg
2009-01-06, 17:45
These are the options I have in my Internet radio menu. How is the Search option between RadioTime Presets and Alien BBC supposed to work?

What browser are you using? See this screenshot.

toby10
2009-01-07, 03:37
OK, I have done this and now when I go into the SC7.3 web interface, I now get an extra option under Internet Radio called RadioTime Presets.

If I select RadioTime Presets I just get the message - No stations or shows available. Below RadioTime Presets I have an option called Search. If I click on Search it just says "No Results For".

These are the options I have in my Internet radio menu. How is the Search option between RadioTime Presets and Alien BBC supposed to work?.......

As Andy has pointed out in the pic, you don't "click" on Search, you hover over it and the search box appears where you type your query then hit ENTER. Do you get a search box?

In RadioTime Presets you should have a Local or City folder for your area. You can also add some presets via the RadioTime web site. If these are not showing up in your Presets in SC7 then the account may not be set up properly.

norderney
2009-01-07, 16:08
As Andy has pointed out in the pic, you don't "click" on Search, you hover over it and the search box appears where you type your query then hit ENTER. Do you get a search box?

In RadioTime Presets you should have a Local or City folder for your area. You can also add some presets via the RadioTime web site. If these are not showing up in your Presets in SC7 then the account may not be set up properly.

I am using the Handheld skin, not the Default skin, because I use a Dell PDA to control my Transporter. I tried changing back to the Default skin and then I have the search box. But when I switched back to the Handheld skin there is no search box. Is it possible to display the search box on the handheld skin as well?

Goodsounds
2009-01-07, 23:39
After two days, post # 13 now contains the information necessary to understand the issue?

toby10
2009-01-08, 04:47
After two days, post # 13 now contains the information necessary to understand the issue?

Uh huh. :)