X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mlh407
    • Jan 2009

Need advise on setting up a new system

Hi everyone,

I am about to setup a new 3 zone system and would like some advise.

Server: Debian Linux
    Zone 1: Main room box will plugin to Denon amp
    Zone 2: Kitchen, I was going to use the Boom for this
    Zone 3: Living room: I do not have an amp for this room but do have 2 speakers.

My question is what units should I order for Zone 1 and 3

Is there a unit made that will power external speakers: http://www.sonos.com/whattobuy/ZP120/

That is perfect but for the wrong type of system. I realized I could order and amp, but I do not have that much space in zone 3.

Thanks,

Michael
  • Aesculus
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mlh407
    Hi everyone,

I am about to setup a new 3 zone system and would like some advise.

Server: Debian Linux
    Zone 1: Main room box will plugin to Denon amp
    Zone 2: Kitchen, I was going to use the Boom for this
    Zone 3: Living room: I do not have an amp for this room but do have 2 speakers.

My question is what units should I order for Zone 1 and 3

Is there a unit made that will power external speakers: http://www.sonos.com/whattobuy/ZP120/

That is perfect but for the wrong type of system. I realized I could order and amp, but I do not have that much space in zone 3.

Thanks,

Michael
    This one looked perfect but they have never come out with a unit for the US.

This is what most people use today

Sonic Portable Class-T Audio Amplifier
    or
    AudioSource AMP-100 2-Channel Bridgeable Stereo Power Amplifier
    Chris

Comment

• Millwood
      • Jan 2006

I have a similar same situation.

I use a Duet for my main system. It lets me keep the electronics in a closed cabinet - only the controller shows.

In the kitchen, we have built in speakers in the ceiling. I use a T-amp to drive them and an SB3. In the kitchen, I am happy with a fixed display of the SB3 which serves as a clock when the system is off. I assume you want separate remotes at each location, because otherwise you could go with a second receiver and use the one controller for both. I wouldn't. (And of course, you can control the SB3 with the controller as well as with its own remote).

My third system is a homemade (ugly) "boom" using the SB3 that got replaced by my Duet, and some powered computer speakers mounted on a board.
      2 SB3, 1 Duet
      Debian Buster server LMS 8.3,0
      TP-Link AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router wireless network.

Comment

Working...