PDA

View Full Version : Any way to point Squeezebox at port 80 for remote connection?

Squonk
2008-12-31, 11:47
Hi, all. I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer. In order for me to be able to connect to my SqueezeCenter server at home from work, I have to go through port 80. This is no problem with some port forwarding on my router, but I have a friend in NYC who occasionally likes to connect to my server as well, and I cannot find a way for him to specify port 80 in his Squeezebox instead of the default port 9000. Is it possible to do this when telling the Squeezebox the IP of the remote server?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Mick Seymour
2009-01-01, 04:52
Port 9000/tcp is SqueezeCenter's http port, not the port a Squeezebox connects to on the streaming server.

If I understand it correctly, the Squeezebox uses 3483/udp for SqueezeCenter discovery and 3483/tcp for SqueezeCenter control. It looks like once connected, another port is negotiated between the SB and SC in a similar way that ftp does data transfer. Look at the settings > status tab of SC at the number after each SB's IP address to see what I mean.

I can't see anywhere in settings to change the 3483 defaults.

Squonk
2009-01-02, 08:01
Thanks for your reply, Mick. So if I have 3483 udp/tcp open through my firewall, my friend's Squeezebox should still be able to connect? I'll have him give it a try.

Mick Seymour
2009-01-02, 09:42
Great. Let us know how you get on.