PDA

View Full Version : Question about Server Standby Control from SB

ppmoore
2008-12-29, 02:57
Hello,

I'm a relative newbie to the SB and the SC. I've been using v6.5 until I upgraded to SC v7.3.1. I use an old Dell laptop running Windows XP SP2.

I notice from the web interface page at Settings->BasicSettings->Plugins that the plugin "Windows: Prevent System Standby While Playing" is now included by default in the standard installation. Is this the same plugin that was previously available as an optional download in v6.5?

This version of the plugin I had previous used could be configured to specify a time period during which the plugin would be active, so that for example, the plugin would allow the machine to go into standby after 2:00am. Now, with this latest plugin, as far as I can tell, there is no way to configure the plugin, and the machine never goes into standby. Even putting the SB into standby with the remote (pressing the on/off button) does not allow the machine to go into standby. In fact, to allow the XP standby feature to work, I have to prevent SC running as a Windows service, and reboot the machine. Simply stopping SC does not re-enable the XP standby feature.

While getting ready to post this, I noticed the following thread on the 3rd Party Plugins user forum:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48521
"This is the release candidate 4 version (updated 20081031) of the SrvrPowerCtrl plugin."

Is this the same plugin, or something completely different? Can this plugin be configured to specify when the machine can go into standby? I notice that the feature summary includes the following:
"...
* Wait until sleep playing has concluded before shutdown/suspend/etc.
* Monitor attached players and shutdown the server after an idle period.
..."

Many thanks for any help received,
Paul

gharris999
2008-12-29, 08:52
Hello,

I'm a relative newbie to the SB and the SC. I've been using v6.5 until I upgraded to SC v7.3.1. I use an old Dell laptop running Windows XP SP2.

I notice from the web interface page at Settings->BasicSettings->Plugins that the plugin "Windows: Prevent System Standby While Playing" is now included by default in the standard installation. Is this the same plugin that was previously available as an optional download in v6.5?

This version of the plugin I had previous used could be configured to specify a time period during which the plugin would be active, so that for example, the plugin would allow the machine to go into standby after 2:00am. Now, with this latest plugin, as far as I can tell, there is no way to configure the plugin, and the machine never goes into standby. Even putting the SB into standby with the remote (pressing the on/off button) does not allow the machine to go into standby. In fact, to allow the XP standby feature to work, I have to prevent SC running as a Windows service, and reboot the machine. Simply stopping SC does not re-enable the XP standby feature.

While getting ready to post this, I noticed the following thread on the 3rd Party Plugins user forum:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48521
"This is the release candidate 4 version (updated 20081031) of the SrvrPowerCtrl plugin."

Is this the same plugin, or something completely different? Can this plugin be configured to specify when the machine can go into standby? I notice that the feature summary includes the following:
"...
* Wait until sleep playing has concluded before shutdown/suspend/etc.
* Monitor attached players and shutdown the server after an idle period.
..."

Many thanks for any help received,
Paul
SrvrPowerCtrl is completely different from the Prevent Standby plugin. Prevent Standby is a formal part of SqueezeCenter. SrvrPowerCtrl is a 3rd party plugin originally written by Adrian (aka tenwiseman) and maintained and enhanced by me (with help from others) since SqueezeCenter 7.0. SrvrPowerCtrl in its current form, with some configuration tweaking, will be able to do exactly what you want to do. I should be posting a new version within a couple of days with some new features too.

ppmoore
2008-12-29, 09:05
Many thanks gharris999.
I look forward to it.