PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help? Some play, others don't

johnwilc
2008-12-25, 00:05
I have SC running on a Vista PS, and my WMpro encoded music on my home server. My problem is some of my music plays just fine on my Squeeze box, and some does not. It appears that its Album based, ie either the whole albus plays, or none of the tracks work. The symptom when its not working, is as follows, if I just select on track to play, the remote will show it playing, but after a few seconds, < 15, it will jumo back to 0 and restart. During this whole time, there is no music to be heard. If I tried to play whole album, it just skips to next track, again, no music. Other albums play just fine. All my ripped music plays fine on the PC with SC in WMP. While I'm having the SC skippng problems on the remote, if I look at the SC UI on the SC PC, it shows it playing non-stop. I just upgraded to 7.3.1 but it did not help.

Phil Leigh
2008-12-25, 00:55
I have SC running on a Vista PS, and my WMpro encoded music on my home server. My problem is some of my music plays just fine on my Squeeze box, and some does not.

did you download or rip yourself? - could the albums that don't work have DRM on them? (e.g. if you ripped with Windows Media Player...)

DRM'd files are not supported.
Regards
Phil

johnwilc
2008-12-25, 10:16
I Ripped, all my muisic is ripped from CD

SuperQ
2008-12-25, 10:21
I thought I remember the default setting for WMP was that it would add DRM to the mp3 files when you rip the CD. I'm not a windows person, but I would verify that the files don't have DRM.

RickNY
2008-12-25, 23:36
I thought I remember the default setting for WMP was that it would add DRM to the mp3 files when you rip the CD. I'm not a windows person, but I would verify that the files don't have DRM.

Not the case.. Adding DRM to MP3's ripped in WMP is not even an option.. You can add DRM to WMA files -- but that is not the default behavior at all.. Hope that clears it up.