PDA

View Full Version : SqueezePlay download

hunta
2008-12-23, 06:15
Sorry, I know this has been asked before but all the threads I can find on the topic seem to be out of date.

Could someone let me know where I can download the SqueezePlay Beta from please? I've tried everywhere I can think of but can't find it.

Thanks.

Gibbo
2008-12-23, 07:01
It's weird but for some reason I had loads of trouble trying to find it too.

it's here (http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.3/) in the nightlybuild.

see squeezeplay-setup.exe

hazymat
2008-12-29, 09:04
Rawr, I have just spent the last 30 mins searching for this as well (it helps knowing the name but frankly when you are new to something, it could be any permutation of the following):

slim, squeeze, player, softsqueeze, softplay, squeezebox, controller, squeezecontrol, slimcenter, server... you catch my drift :)

Somehow I managed to download a google gadget called SlimServerControl, completely useless to me :)

It would be lovely to see a central list of all software and hardware titles including descriptions and links where relevant. On or near the homepage on slimdevices.com. Would that be possible? Who would be the best person to talk to about that?

It would be especially useful for those who want to discover cool stuff they possibly didn't know about. Eg. I am looking for a Vista sidebar gadget to use as a player controller.

HydeTheDarkerSide
2008-12-29, 15:50
Equally confused here too.

I have SoftSqueeze 3.6 telling me there's a new download for it following my upgrade to SqueezeCentre 7.3 which only points at an old SourceForge link for SoftSqueeze 2.0!

I found the wiki for SqueezePlay but no download link :-?

Searched on this forum and found many references to SqueezePlay but in Beta :-??

So can someone please help us and give us the low down on the development of SoftSqueeze's replacement and where we might download an RC version of the software or is the warning message from SoftSqueeze a red herring?

Cheers
Hyde.

Mnyb
2008-12-29, 16:03
Part of the confusion is that 7.3.1 is very much released.
But SqueezePlay is still in beta testing, so you find it the beta download archive or as source code.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Nightly_Builds

The wiki is not edited to reflect that 7.3.1 beta is now 7.3.2 beta

but under that link you can find it:

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.3/ look for SqueezePlay-setup.exe

Users with other OS has to follow the wiki and compile their own SqueezePlay.

HydeTheDarkerSide
2008-12-29, 16:15
Ahh many thanks. So the Soft Player option (be it SoftSqueeze or SqueezePlay) aren't developed in tandem with SqueezeCentre then?

I find that a bit odd as I have a release of SoftSqueeze that is obviously an RC version (3.6), but when coupled with SqueezeCentre 7.3 loses the ability to select music via a number of means other than Random based on a full selection of all genre's. So selecting Artists for example just gets lost in a constant loop around the 'Artists' menu option but never actually displays any artists from which to pick. A number of other selection points display the same error. Yet there's no RC version of a Soft Player to accompany SqueezeCentre 7.3.x and at least maintain existing functionality.

So what I have is broke, and the replacement is at best a beta.

Have I understood this correctly? I hope not :-(

bonze
2008-12-29, 16:28
Have you tried uninstalling the version of SoftSqueeze you have and re-installing from SC7.3?
There should be a SoftSqueeze 3.7.

HydeTheDarkerSide
2008-12-29, 16:30
Really!?

Why wouldn't the installation routine report that?

Siduhe
2008-12-29, 17:24
Hyde - what OS are you running? I ask because I saw something similar when I moved from one of the 6.x versions of SC to an early 7.x on Windows.

3.7 of Softsqueeze is available here (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105169&package_id=113211&release_id=629909) but downloading 3.7 via SC only worked for me after I had uninstalled 3.6 (and I seem to recall that the uninstaller didn't work as expected). 3.7 is RC as far as I know and works fine for me.

Also, although Squeezeplay is still being worked on, the version with v7.3.2 is extremely stable and definitely worth looking at if you are looking for a Softsqueeze replacement.

HydeTheDarkerSide
2008-12-30, 03:13
Cheers for the info. The OS is Vista Ultimate on the laptop and WHS (or Windows Server 2003) on my well WHS ;-)

Neither reported an update was available for SoftSqueeze and I don't even have SoftSqueeze installed on the WHS :-?

I'll try your suggestions and post back :-)