PDA

View Full Version : Controller tags different from Squeeze Center

digital0101audio
2008-12-21, 14:44
I have two wired SB3, and the duet controller (w/o the receiver). The Controller accesses my system via a wireless access point.

The Problem: Artist listings via my controller are different than what is shown in Squeeze Center or on my SB3's.

I just updated to 7.3 for everything, and after the update, the controller listings now don't match (they did before the update).

Example: SC artist listing for Gershwin shows one album (Rhapsody in Blue - which is what I want)

However, on the controller, the artist listing for Gershwin shows 5 additional albums, where one song on these other albums might have one tune composed by Gershwin.

I don't understanding why the controller has a different listing from Squeeze Center. I would have thought the controller would use the tag information that is in Squeeze Center.

Any help out there? Bye the bye, I have reset the controller a number of times, and I have also cleared and rescanned a number of time, with no change. Another note, I have "use iTunes" checked to get tagging in SC to be how I want it.

And again, this was all working fine before upgrading to 7.3.

Cough
2008-12-22, 12:26
Check what type of tags you have. I had a similar issue and found that some of my music had both ID3 tags and APE tags - which each had slightly different decriptors of album, title, artist etc. Windows XP doesnt see APE tags, only ID3 tags AFAIK. You either need to retag with identical info in all tags or delete your APE tags (which SC seems to give preference to)

I use MP3Tag (freeware version) for consistent tagging and determining tag types even though I prefer Godfather for tag editing

radish
2008-12-22, 18:51
I don't understanding why the controller has a different listing from Squeeze Center. I would have thought the controller would use the tag information that is in Squeeze Center.

It does, it just sometimes displays it differently (such are the hazards of trying to make two different pieces of software work the same way!). I actually find in my setup that it does work the same way on both, in that when I select an artist I see all albums on which the artist appears.

wnshall
2008-12-23, 11:33
Example: SC artist listing for Gershwin shows one album (Rhapsody in Blue - which is what I want)

However, on the controller, the artist listing for Gershwin shows 5 additional albums, where one song on these other albums might have one tune composed by Gershwin.

And again, this was all working fine before upgrading to 7.3.

At first I thought it might be a "Group Compilations" issue -- AFAIK the controller does not respect the "Group Compilation" setting (so always lists all artists) -- see Bug 8388 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8388). However, this sounds like you are getting additional album listings for an artist. In the case you mention above with Gershwin, are you seeing additional tracks where Gershwin is the composer (not the artist)? Is it possible you've somehow got "composer" checked on the Music Library Settings page?