PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio Menu structure - Why not editable?

hugo29
2008-12-21, 02:43
Hi,

I live in Sweden and I find that the Internetradio menu is cluttered with all the services available around the world. What I'd like is the possible to add and remove folders and entries to create my own structure. I have not found any way to do this. If it is possible please let me know. As it is now I have removed the Internet radio Main Menu (since I have no use for it) and added all Radiostations to the Main Menu Favorites instead.
Please tell me I'm wrong and that I can add/remove/change the Internet Radio structure both in SN and SC.

Regards,
Hugo

toby10
2008-12-21, 04:25
Hi,

I live in Sweden and I find that the Internetradio menu is cluttered with all the services available around the world. What I'd like is the possible to add and remove folders and entries to create my own structure. I have not found any way to do this. If it is possible please let me know. As it is now I have removed the Internet radio Main Menu (since I have no use for it) and added all Radiostations to the Main Menu Favorites instead.
Please tell me I'm wrong and that I can add/remove/change the Internet Radio structure both in SN and SC.

Regards,
Hugo

SN > Players > (select player) > Menus > Hide Menu Items
SC > Settings > Player > (select player) > (drop down menu) Menu > Inactive Menu Items

ModelCitizen
2008-12-21, 04:55
As Toby indicates Internet Radio items are editable, both in the web gui and the SNC...... which is just as well as the Internet Radio area is a disaster zone:

* Lots of dud (unobtainable) stations
* Tons of overlapping and duplicated stations
* Far too many attempts at sensibly catetorising stations
* Inclusion of services that the user is not eligable for
* Inability to include Last.fm radio in Internet Radio category
* The demotion of Shoutcast to the More Radio sub-category

I even have three ways of getting to BBC stations - two I understand, iPlayer & AlienBBC, but the third, just called BBC and in the extraneous "More Radio" category leaves me nonplussed. It does have the best titles for individual BBC radio stations though.

MC

hugo29
2008-12-21, 05:21
Sorry for not beeing clear on what I'd like to do.
I do like to have the menu entry "Internet Radio", BUT I'd like to be able to clean up and create my own structure within "Internet Radio". To disable it totally, as suggested by Toby, is not the solution I'd like to see.

Hugo

toby10
2008-12-21, 06:09
Sorry for not beeing clear on what I'd like to do.
I do like to have the menu entry "Internet Radio", BUT I'd like to be able to clean up and create my own structure within "Internet Radio". To disable it totally, as suggested by Toby, is not the solution I'd like to see.

Hugo

Yeah, I understood what you were asking. And, no, I was not suggesting you delete or hide the entire Internet Radio menu item. I was offering, what I believe to be, the closest you will get to what you desire. :)

I was suggesting that you use the hide (inactive) menu items for any services or items (like subscription services you don't use) within the Internet Radio menu so they will not appear on your devices menu. Removing the unwanted menu items will greatly improve the "clutter" you spoke of.

It isn't a complete "customized" solution, but it's as close as you will get with the current versions of SC and SN.

hugo29
2008-12-21, 06:14
Thanks Toby,

Let's hope we can get an editable solution similar to what is possible with "Favorites", in th next update to SN/SC.

Hugo.

toby10
2008-12-21, 07:22
Thanks Toby,

Let's hope we can get an editable solution similar to what is possible with "Favorites", in th next update to SN/SC.

Hugo.

That would be very cool indeed. They have talked about possibly adding a similar folder structure (add, edit, sub-folders, etc...) to SN Favorites for some time now, but it just never makes it to the build level. The SD developers are swamped with all of the other improvements to SC and SN, can't really blame them. :)

ModelCitizen
2008-12-21, 10:24
However, if you want to increase the likelihood that you'll be able to edit the SBC/web gui menu structure sooner rather than later add your vote to this bug:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9358

It only takes a second to register with bugzilla.

BTW. You can create sub-folder under favourites which could be one solution for you?

MC