PDA

View Full Version : Backing up FLAC and SyncBackSE settings

norderney
2008-12-21, 00:56
I am thinking about reinstalling my operating system on my PC, which means reinstalling all my software applications. Is there anyway to backup/save the current settings for FLAC? This would save me having to customise my FLAC settings after reinstalling the FLAC application.

Also, does anybody use SyncBackSE - backup utility? Is there any way to back up its configuration settings so that I do not need to customise it as well?

Thanks

JJZolx
2008-12-21, 01:40
What Flac settings? Flac is a command-line program and has no settings apart from the options that you pass to it. On Windows, there's also Flac Frontend, a GUI interface to command-line flac.exe, but it has so few options that it isn't really worth bothering.

Maybe you mean the Flac settings that you've configured in your ripping software? Which program do you use to rip CDs?

norderney
2008-12-21, 01:57
Yes, sorry. I use EAC to rip my CDs to FLAC. I was wondering if it is possible to backup/save these EAC settings?

All my music files (FLAC & MP3) are stored on a separate external HDD.

JJZolx
2008-12-21, 02:01
To backup the EAC configuration, go the menu EAC > Profiles > Save Profile... (or Shift+F2). Save the profile to wherever you like and back it up. After you reinstall use EAC > Profiles > Load Profile... (or Shift+F1) and load the saved configuration.

Echo
2008-12-21, 13:20
Also, does anybody use SyncBackSE - backup utility? Is there any way to back up its configuration settings so that I do not need to customise it as well?

Just like with EAC, SyncBack has an option to export profile settings. It's under Profiles in the menu bar. Export all profile to a USB flash drive and import once SyncBack is installed on the reformmated system.