PDA

View Full Version : Not scrobbling

Kvaks
2008-12-21, 00:34
I have a problem with my new Duet (same problem with Squeezeplay for that matter): Played tracks aren't being scrobbled at last.fm.

I've set up the last.fm account in both Squeezecenter config and Squeezenetwork, and it is shown as enabled both in the Squeezecenter config, Squeezenetwork and on my Controller display. But still the tracks aren't showing up on my last.fm page.

I hope there is a way to fix this. I'm kind of anal about scrobbling, I really hate it when a significant number of tracks aren't registered.

Some info on my setup:

Squeezecenter:
Version: 7.3 - 24282 @ Thu Dec 11 14:24:20 PST 2008
Platform Architecture: i686-linux

Controller:
Type: Squeezebox Controller
Player Firmware Version: 7.3 r3476

Receiver:
Type: Squeezebox Receiver
Player Firmware Version: 55

There are no firewalls on the network. Tracks are being scrobbled as usual when I use media players such as Amarok and Foobar2000.

davep
2008-12-21, 03:58
Not sure if this is the case with the official scrobbling plugin but take a look at the Player tab on the Settings page and you should see an item related to LastFM or Scrobbling in the drop down list. Take a look at this page and see if it has a check box to enable that player to scrobble.

This may seem like there are too many places you have to set up scroblling but it is done for people like myself with multiple players who do not want them all to scrobble (e.g. kids music, etc).

davep

Kvaks
2008-12-21, 09:56
Not sure if this is the case with the official scrobbling plugin but take a look at the Player tab on the Settings page and you should see an item related to LastFM or Scrobbling in the drop down list. Take a look at this page and see if it has a check box to enable that player to scrobble.

This may seem like there are too many places you have to set up scroblling but it is done for people like myself with multiple players who do not want them all to scrobble (e.g. kids music, etc).

davep
Got it. Thanks. I agree that it's nice to be able to choose on a per player basis, but I think it should be enough to select scrobbling on the Controller when connected to a given player.