PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Appears to Scrobble...But Doesn't

MikeekiM
2008-12-20, 17:51
When using my Duet or Boom's, I have last.fm set up to scrobble my tracks...

When I am playing my Pandora stations, it appears that last.fm recognizes me playing the song (there's an entry at the top of my recent tracks indicating the song that I am playing is currently being listened to)...

But in the end, the track itself never gets scrobbled into my track history...

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks...

Edit/Update: Okay...after doing a little bit of searching, it appears that the answer is that it is treating the scrobbling differently because it is a personal radio station (versus listening to your own MP3 collection)... I guess I understand what is being explained...but I don't really buy into the logic... I am listening to personal radio stations directly from last.fm, including stations that are purely recommendation stations, and they scrobble each and every track just fine...

I think something is wrong and needs to be fixed... The "recently listened" library should be just that "recently listened"... and therefore, all personal radio and personal library listening should be scrobbled into the recently listened listing...

Last.fm (which is the home of the scrobble) treats all listening of their radio stations this way... SqueezeBox should do the same in my opinion...

ghostrider
2008-12-20, 19:26
I've noticed the same behavior. last.fm will also capture a track as loved if you give it a thumbs up in Pandora.

MikeekiM
2008-12-20, 23:31
I've noticed the same behavior. last.fm will also capture a track as loved if you give it a thumbs up in Pandora.

At the end of the day, it comes down to how the plug-in or scrobbler decides to handle the scrobbling...

I have used 3 different Rhapsody PC-Client scrobblers (nothing to do with squeezebox listening)... and 2 of the 3 scrobbled only the tracks selected directly from their library and playlist tracks, but not the tracks played via the channels...

1 of the 3 scrobbled everything... I chose to keep the 3rd one installed so I could get full scrobble support... :)