PDA

View Full Version : Can't get MusicIP to work

frankL
2008-12-20, 14:10
I've spent hours on this, read the forum about other peoples' problems and I still can't get MusicIP it to work.

Here's a summary of where I am.
- Installed the latest versions of Squeezecenter (7.3) and MusicIP (1.8.1b)
- Confirmed API is running on MusicIP
- Confirmed "send to" is Slimserver on MusicIP
- Checked the MusicIP plugin on SqueezeCenter
- Cleared Music and rescanned everything (several times) -- even tried rescanning with music directory location blank per the suggestions of some posts.

I have about 10,000 songs.

I don't know if this would affect anything, but SqueezeCenter points to a directory (c:\music\lossless) and that directory has a shortcut that points to another directory. Shortcuts don't seem to work in MusicIP so I use c:\music\lossless as my library location and "watch" the other directory.

Also, not sure if this affects anything but MusicIP is still validating. There are 8,200 tracks to go so I'm thinking that should be done by early next week. However, MusicIP seems to work and most of my song titles are green.

I'd rather this be a Saturday project than a weekend project, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MeSue
2008-12-20, 16:00
I would not leave the music directory in SqueezeCenter blank. That is old advice for problems that should be resolved in the latest version of MIP plugin. You can add music from multiple sources in MIP, so just put SC back the way you had it, and add the same music to MIP. Use the setting in the MIP plugin to only get mixable status from SC if you want your scans to be much faster.

You don't need to set any directories as watched unless you add music often and want to have it picked up automatically.

Make sure that MIP's service is started before SqueezeCenter. This should be resolved in the lastest versions, but worth checking to be sure.

Did you enter all your info in the MIP plugin settings? There are general plug-in settings and also per-player settings.

I assume you are running the MIP desktop app and not headless? If so, you will need to have it running for it to work.

More info:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Integrating_MusicIP_with_SqueezeCenter
http://spicefly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=16&Itemid=32

Good luck.

jfo
2008-12-20, 18:11
I've spent hours on this, read the forum about other peoples' problems and I still can't get MusicIP it to work.

Here's a summary of where I am.
- Installed the latest versions of Squeezecenter (7.3) and MusicIP (1.8.1b)
- Confirmed API is running on MusicIP
- Confirmed "send to" is Slimserver on MusicIP
- Checked the MusicIP plugin on SqueezeCenter
- Cleared Music and rescanned everything (several times) -- even tried rescanning with music directory location blank per the suggestions of some posts.

I'm experiencing this today also, except I'm running 7.2.1. I'm still validating, but I have archived the analysis to the tags and have checked to see that the MM comments are in the tags. I've tried restarting SC after MIP is started, did a clear/rescan, but still don't see the "m" on any of the tracks. I've seen comments in the WIKI about building the MIP database. Is this an added step? How do I check to see if the data base exists and that SC is actually looking at MIP?

Thanks!

Jim