PDA

View Full Version : power consumption specs, anyone?

guidol
2008-12-20, 11:08
Does anyone know what the power consumption of the squeezebox receiver is?
When the light is blue is means it is looking for a server. How much power (wattage) is consumed when the receiver is in this state.
I also like to know how much is consumed when turned off (no light on the receiver) I don't beleive it is completely turned off because
When the receiver is turned off and then, the server with squeeze center is turned off, the receiver goes blue... How can it do that when it was switched off?

You may think this is stupid but I hate devices that keep on standby. I prefer to switch things completely off when I'm not at home. As long as I don't own a NAS I use my computer as squeeze center server but I want to turn off my PC at night without the receiver going blue.
The only solution I've come up so far is to unplug the device completely.

How do you use your duet's? Do you switch things off? Do you switch your remote off or do you have it suspended in the cradle?

radish
2008-12-20, 12:13
It uses less than 5W in any state. There's very little difference between off and on, because it has to stay alive on the network so it can be switched on via SC or the SBC.

guidol
2008-12-20, 15:45
I took a look at the bottom of the receiver and it says 9V 0,56A. That makes 5,04 Watt. That is around 45 kWh a year wich will cost me 4,39 Euro a year. I guess I can live with that...

I would like to hear from other users how they use their remotes. Do you turn is completely off when your done listening to your music or do you leave it always on (suspend) in the cradle?

th00ht
2008-12-20, 16:20
I would like to hear from other users how they use their remotes. Do you turn is completely off when your done listening to your music or do you leave it always on (suspend) in the cradle?

Basically, I barely ever turn it off. As I've found out it will not really turn of anyway my main and only reason would be to know the exact time. .. . .:.

peterw
2008-12-20, 16:25
Does anyone know what the power consumption of the squeezebox receiver is?

Receiver 3-4 watts, Controller base 0-1 watts:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43071

SB2/SB3/Classic: 4-6 watts:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31789

-Peter

guidol
2008-12-21, 06:30
Basically, I barely ever turn it off. As I've found out it will not really turn of anyway my main and only reason would be to know the exact time. .. . .:.

What do you mean when you say you've found out that it will not really turn off anyway. I was under the impression that the remote is realy off when switched off.

I can see how the remote would make a nice clock.