PDA

View Full Version : Considering a Duet: Trying to navigate the way I want it

MrRalph
2008-12-20, 03:02
Hi all, I'm considering a Duet and have a my CDs ripped to an external HDD (FLAC), approx 270 Gb. I am playing with Softsqueeze to get a feeling of the navigation possibilities. Tags in my collection are quite well organized from a MediaMonkey and Foobar point of view. Can anyone help me with some simple questions?

1. For multi disc sets I use Totaldiscs and Discnumber tags. (Each is also ripped to a seperate folder by the way). When browsing I like to see them as one collection/entry (with tracknumbers like 1.01 ... 2.01 etc). Now I see 12 entries for The Complete Mahler Symphonies box set. Can this be done?

2. When browsing by Genre, I'd like to see the 'Album Artist' tag after Genre selection and not 'Artist'. I use 'Artist' for people making music in that track / personnel and 'Album Artist' for the general artist that the CD is listed under.

3. Ideally when selecting a Genre, the next level is depending on the chosen Genre. So I get Genre -> Composer for the classial genre and Genre -> Album Artist for Pop and Genre -> Album Title for Musicals. Is this possible?

Any help is much appreciated!

Ralph

MeSue
2008-12-20, 07:01
1. You need to give them all the identical Album name and have them in the same folder.

2. Album Artist over-rides Artist in my experience. If it's not for you, you probably need to change the Compilation settings in the "Music Library" tab of SC settings in the WebUI.

3. Not with SC alone, but you might be able to configure it like that using the Custom Browse plugin.

schiegl
2008-12-20, 07:25
1. You need to give them all the identical Album name and have them in the same folder.

I have my multi disc sets in different folders, e.g. "Album (1 of 2)", "Album (2 of 2)", but they're tagged with the same album name "Album". Additionally i have "Treat multi-disc sets as single album" selected (settings->music library.). I'm also using DISCNUMBER and TOTALDISCS, which gives me the desired output: 1-1, 1-2, and so on.

kind regards,
Markus