Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charlesr
    • Jan 2006

Add small time display to now playing?

Hi. Sorry if I'm being slow, but is there a way (standard or plugin) to add a small "current time" to the "now playing" view on the squeezebox?

At the moment I'm using currtime in the track title but I have to wait for it to scroll into view.

Thanks!
  • toby10
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by charlesr
    Hi. Sorry if I'm being slow, but is there a way (standard or plugin) to add a small "current time" to the "now playing" view on the squeezebox?

At the moment I'm using currtime in the track title but I have to wait for it to scroll into view.

Thanks!
    Sure. Use the Music Information Screen (MIS) plugin (included in SC7.2+ builds I believe). CURRTIME is one of the drop down selection items within the MIS options.

SC7 > Settings > Player > (drop down menu) > Music Information Screen

You then must select MIS as your Now Playing screen saver.

Comment

• charlesr
      • Jan 2006

Ah nice one. You have to download it in the extension downloader first. Ta.

Comment

• toby10
        • Jul 2007

Ah nice one. You have to download it in the extension downloader first. Ta.
        You shouldn't. I believe it is pre-installed on recent SC7 builds.

Comment

• charlesr
          • Jan 2006

I'd just installed 7.3 and it wasn't on the plugin list page till I downloaded from the extensions page. No biggie though. All sorted now. And the repeat/shuffle buttons are dead good.

Comment

• mooblie
            • Feb 2008

Any way to do this with SN?
            Martin

Comment

• toby10
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mooblie
              Any way to do this with SN?
              Not that I'm aware of. That's the absolute BEAUTY of Music Information Screen, it's just so customizable. Michael Herger, the developer, is quite the genius.

Maybe, some day, assuming it is even feasible, MIS (or something similar) will make it to SN.

Comment

• Idaho
                • Dec 2008

MIS? Extensions Page?

I'd just installed 7.3 and it wasn't on the plugin list page till I downloaded from the extensions page. No biggie though. All sorted now. And the repeat/shuffle buttons are dead good.

I have not been able to find the Music Information Screen (MIS) plugin. This posting refers to the "extensions page" Where do I find that? Would you please provide some links so I can access the Music Information Screen in 7.3? Thank you.

Comment

• toby10
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Idaho
                  I have not been able to find the Music Information Screen (MIS) plugin. This posting refers to the "extensions page" Where do I find that? Would you please provide some links so I can access the Music Information Screen in 7.3? Thank you.
                  MIS plugin: http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/detail.php?nr=446

Downloader: SC7.3 > Settings > Advanced > (drop down menu) Extension Downloader

But I'm almost certain MIS is now included in all SC7.3 releases. To check:
                  SC7 > Settings > Player > (drop down menu) MIS

also:
                  SC7 > Settings > Plugins > MIS

Comment

• bonze
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by toby10
                    You shouldn't. I believe it is pre-installed on recent SC7 builds.
                    No - it doesn't come with 7.3, hence why it's on the Downloader

Settings > Advanced > Extension Downloader.
                    LMS Version: 8.2
                    Synology 216+II & Docker
                    2x Touch, 2x SB3

Comment

• Idaho
                      • Dec 2008

I Need A Bit More Guidance

Thank you to both of you in responding to my question. This is my first experience with plugins, so I need just a bit more guidance.

I am using SC 7.3.1 - 24324 which is operating nicely on my Windows Home Server pc.

I have downloaded the MusicInfoSCR plugin folder from: http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/detail.php?nr=446

Not sure what to do with it, I removed the MusicInfoSCR folder from the zip folder and placed it inside the
                      C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Plugins
                      directory.

In the SqueezeCenter Windows Internet Explorer window, starting from Home, I found Setings > SqueezeCenter Settings > dropdown window > Plugins - Extension Downloader

Scrolling down, I see there is a box to insert "an additional third-party extension repository by entering the URL for the repository".

Is that where I am supposed to paste

?

If so, then what do I do?

Was I wrong in placing the MusicInfoSCR folder inside the
                      SqueezeCenter\server\Plugins
                      folder?

As you can see, I am LOST - sorry about being so dense!

Comment

• toby10
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by bonze
                        No - it doesn't come with 7.3, hence why it's on the Downloader

Settings > Advanced > Extension Downloader.
                        Yeah, I suppose so. I had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall when I first tried the Beta SC7.3 and MIS just showed up. But it may have been picked up by my backup restore files. *shrug*

Comment

• toby10
                          • Jul 2007

Thank you to both of you in responding to my question. This is my first experience with plugins, so I need just a bit more guidance.

I am using SC 7.3.1 - 24324 which is operating nicely on my Windows Home Server pc.

I have downloaded the MusicInfoSCR plugin folder from: http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/detail.php?nr=446

Not sure what to do with it, I removed the MusicInfoSCR folder from the zip folder and placed it inside the
                          C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Plugins
                          directory.

In the SqueezeCenter Windows Internet Explorer window, starting from Home, I found Setings > SqueezeCenter Settings > dropdown window > Plugins - Extension Downloader

Scrolling down, I see there is a box to insert "an additional third-party extension repository by entering the URL for the repository".

Is that where I am supposed to paste

?

folder?

Sounds like you did it correctly. Try stopping, exiting, then re-starting SC7 then see if it shows up in Settings > Player > (drop down)

Plugins can be hit or miss on just re-starting SC. Sometimes a complete PC re-boot is required, at least that's what I've found.

Comment

• bonze
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by toby10
                            Yeah, I suppose so. I had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall when I first tried the Beta SC7.3 and MIS just showed up. But it may have been picked up by my backup restore files. *shrug*
                            The ED installs to the Cache - maybe it was still in there.
                            Synology 216+II & Docker
                            2x Touch, 2x SB3

Comment

• bonze
                              • Jun 2006

folder?

OK - you have two choices:

1. Download the zip file from mherger and unzip to SqueezeCenter\server\Plugins.
                              Restart SC7.3, and the MIS plugin will be available in each player setup.

2. Delete the folder you just manually created for MIS, and restart SC7.3.
                              Goto here http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...r_Repositories, and copy the url for mherger into an available box on the Extension Downloader screen.
                              After hitting Apply you will get a new section titled "Michael's Slim Stuff" under which will be listed the MIS plugin.
                              Tick the box, and again hit Apply.
                              SC7.3 will then download the latest version of the plugin for you and install to a new ED plugin folder. (Hidden in the Cache)
                              Again you will have to restart SC7.3 for the plugin to 'take effect'

I've been using method 2 for a while now and you will soon get used to it.
                              It saves time tracking down the authors website, downloading, extracting to a shared folder, signing onto the WHS, and finally moving the extracted contents to the correct SC7.3 location.
                              All controlled from the new ED screen, the only time you need to signon to the WHS is to restart SC7.3
                              Synology 216+II & Docker
                              2x Touch, 2x SB3

Comment

Working...