PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP Problem

lugol
2008-12-17, 15:14
Hallo

I use squeezecenter 7.3 on a Synology DS209+ with SSODS running.
The music files are stored on the DS in the folder /music.
Nearly everything works fine. I run Squeezeplay on my Laptop and can listen to all the files.

I want to use musicip. Enabled the plugin, configured...

After a restart of SSODS i get an error in the server log:

0036: [08-12-17 23:03:37.0279] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (150) Can't connect to port 10002 - MusicIP disabled.
0035: [08-12-17 23:03:37.0266] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (142) Testing for API on localhost:10002

I donīt know how to run the API Service...
What do I have to do?
Thanks for any help.
Lutz

davep
2008-12-17, 15:42
Have you downloaded and installed the MusicIP application and started it running? This will launch the MIP interface on port 10002 (unless you change this). You then need to have MIP do its analysis thing on your music files to generate the "fingerprints". In my experience you also need to restart SqueezeCenter after MIP has been started and do a full rescan of your music library.

Once all this is done it should work and enable you to make mixes from any track using the remote control or the web interface.

davep

lugol
2008-12-18, 00:33
No. I badly thought it is already installed.

Now i downloaded the linux version musicmixer_x86_1.8.tgz

Installing ssods was very easy.... But how do I install MusicMixer on the ds209+ and how to start...

Thanks for a hint or a good link...

Lutz

mherger
2008-12-18, 01:31
> Installing ssods was very easy.... But how do I install MusicMixer on
> the ds209+ and how to start...

You can't. MusciIP only runs on Intel x86 compatible hardware. The
diskstation is ARM based (different processor architecture).

Michael

lugol
2008-12-18, 05:16
Thank you for the quick and usefull answers...
Is there another plugin like musicip, which will work on the DS?

Thanks, Lutz

hardlocke
2009-11-02, 06:30
good question... i search also for a MusicIP Alternative who is running on DS.
any ideas?

Dustysox
2009-11-11, 14:09
Have you downloaded and installed the MusicIP application and started it running? This will launch the MIP interface on port 10002 (unless you change this). You then need to have MIP do its analysis thing on your music files to generate the "fingerprints". In my experience you also need to restart SqueezeCenter after MIP has been started and do a full rescan of your music library.

Once all this is done it should work and enable you to make mixes from any track using the remote control or the web interface.

davep

Hi,

Not wishing to hi jack O/P question...but...i have never got Music IP to work. Out of interest when you restart Squeezecenter where are you scanning music library? Do you leave path empty or point it to your NAS?