PDA

View Full Version : Last. FM silent

Timbo22
2008-12-16, 13:24
Hi all,
Have signed up for last.FM, put in password user name and loaded 15 artists but nothing happens when I select them using SB, just a message saying 'play similar artists radio'.
In SC I see them but dont get the option of playing them, just add to favourites.
I downloaded last.FM from their website, but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with SB.
What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks,
Tim.

Siduhe
2008-12-16, 13:30
Where are you based? Currently the official Last.fm plugin only works in the UK/DE/US. If you are outside these three countries, you will need the Squeezescrobbler plugin, although I have seen a couple of reports of problems with this third party plugin and 7.3. Look in the wiki for the plugin, there are instructions to install and use it on the plugin page.

If you are in these three countries, you need to enter your username and password in the Squeezenetwork web page and authorise your account to access Last.fm. Look under Accounts at http://www.squeezenetwork.com.

Timbo22
2008-12-16, 13:49
Where are you based? Currently the official Last.fm plugin only works in the UK/DE/US. If you are outside these three countries, you will need the Squeezescrobbler plugin, although I have seen a couple of reports of problems with this third party plugin and 7.3. Look in the wiki for the plugin, there are instructions to install and use it on the plugin page.

If you are in these three countries, you need to enter your username and password in the Squeezenetwork web page and authorise your account to access Last.fm. Look under Accounts at http://www.squeezenetwork.com.

Hi Siduhe, thanks for the reply,
I Live in London, I seem to go round and round with the authorize accounts form. I have filled it in numerous times, and each time it says 'Last.FM account information has been saved'. But it never moves on it just gives me the form again.
Cheers,
Tim

SB3 7.1(wired) Windows xp

Siduhe
2008-12-16, 13:57
Are you logged into the Last.fm website (separate browser window) at the same time as you try to authorise your account in SN? If not, try that. One person found that logging out of the Last.fm site, then back in, then authorising SN worked for them. Also, does your password have any odd characters in it (spaces, underscores, @ or similar?

Also, what browser are you using - something like Firefox with NoScript enabled will prevent you from logging in.

Timbo22
2008-12-16, 14:11
Are you logged into the Last.fm website (separate browser window) at the same time as you try to authorise your account in SN? If not, try that. One person found that logging out of the Last.fm site, then back in, then authorising SN worked for them. Also, does your password have any odd characters in it (spaces, underscores, @ or similar?

Also, what browser are you using - something like Firefox with NoScript enabled will prevent you from logging in.

I Will try your first suggestion, I dont have any odd characters in my password.
Not completely computer literate, I think my browser is Internet Explorer how do I find out if its different?
Thankyou for your attention,
Tim.

Siduhe
2008-12-16, 14:16
Try Help/About at the top of the browser page. If it is the default which came installed with your computer - it is probably IE which shouldn't cause any problems.

If so, and apologies if this is grandmother sucking eggs, are you aware there's a major (recently discovered) security hole in IE6 and 7 which is actively being exploited by code injected into malicious websites?

Some people are advising users to switch to another browser entirely until IE is patched.

More info here: http://news.google.co.uk/news?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficialo.&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&tab=wn&nolr=1&q=internet+explorer+flaw&btnG=Search+News

Timbo22
2008-12-16, 14:37
Oh right,looked on help 'About Internet explorer' it looks like I have version 6.0.2900.2180, so I suppose thats IE6.
Thanks for the warning.
Tim.