PDA

View Full Version : Customize squeezebox controller menu

redco999
2008-12-16, 09:51
I just bought Duet and I'd like to customize menus on SC 7.2.1. After searching forums I never found a clear answer. I am not running squeezecenter and just would like to customize my controller the way i wanted due to the fact that there is so much content that i don't need to display.

Also I saw somewhere that I should be able to create folder in favorites. How can I do that?

Thanks for your help in advance

aubuti
2008-12-16, 13:13
It's not a full customization, but you can select which items are shown or not shown on the SB Controller home menu. Just go to Home > Settings > "Home menu" (or something like that) on the Controller and tick the boxes for the items you want on the home menu.

redco999
2008-12-16, 14:41
Thanks for the info. I saw this feature and it is good but I'd like to have more customization control.
1. Is it possible to categorize stations which I saved in favorites?
2. Can i move shoutcast radio stations to my home menu so I don;t have to scroll for 30 second to get there?

Thanks!

Gilles2
2010-01-07, 02:45
Same thing here. The posts on this subject have been around for some time now. Is there now a way to customze the Duet Controller menu. On my side for instance, I'd like to show the "all albums view" when I select "category" in the main menu rather than having a list of artists for instance.

aubuti
2010-01-08, 09:04
@redco999: You can categorize Favorites that you have saved on Squeezebox Server (SbS) by grouping them in folders, rearranging the order, etc. Use the SbS web ui and go to Favorites. When you hover the mouse over "Favorites" you should see a pencil icon (a very short, fat pencil). Click that to edit your Favorites list.

For Favorites stored on www.mysqueezebox.com you cannot group them in folders, you can only rearrange the order. This is done on the Favorites tag of mysb.com.

Sorry, I don't know if you can put a particular Shoutcast station on the SBC Home menu. I doubt it. If you can't, then I recommend putting Favorites on the Home menu and ordering the list so that your favorite stations are easily accessible.

@Gilles2: I don't have any "category" in my main menu, or anywhere. Do you mean "genre"? Anyway, at present the only customization available for the SBC is the Home menu customization. Apparently there were plans to have more customization available when 7.4.0 was released, but they weren't implemented by the time it needed to be released with the SB Radio in late Sept. Maybe they are continuing to work on it, but I don't see anything visible even in the latest nightly releases of SbS. The relevant bug/enhancement request is Bug 14004 (https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14004). It can't hurt to vote for it, and offer comments.