PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Firmware Updates?

Jim Holtz
2008-12-15, 17:41
Is there any button combination on the controller that is the equal of holding down the brightness button on the Squeezebox remote to force a firmware update on the Duet Receiver? If not, how can a firmware update be forced?

Thanks!

Jim

maggior
2008-12-15, 21:46
Holding down the front button on the receiver until the red light flashes might do it. This does a factory reset on the receiver and you will have to go through the setup of for it again.

fcm4711
2008-12-16, 02:25
Hi Jim

No, there is no way to force a firmware upgrade on SBR as it is not needed. SBR automatically does firmware upgrades, no user action needed. Why would you need it?

maggior: Pressing and holding SBRs button about 6 seconds until the LED flashes red fast indeed does a factory reset (and reprograms the xilinx chip) but does _not_ do anything in regard of upgrading firmware.

Felix

Jim Holtz
2008-12-16, 07:23
Thanks for the replies. I see that it does update automatically. It just takes a while.

Jim

nathan_h
2009-01-22, 11:19
Where did you notice the firmware update listing? IE, you say you noticed it "takes a while" so I assume you can see the firmware version number somewhere (sorry if the answer is obvious)?

By the way, how long is "a while"? :-)

Jim Holtz
2009-01-22, 16:53
Where did you notice the firmware update listing? IE, you say you noticed it "takes a while" so I assume you can see the firmware version number somewhere (sorry if the answer is obvious)?

By the way, how long is "a while"? :-)

If you open up Squeeze Center and then go into settings and select the information tab, it tells you a lot about the hardware side.

It took about 30 minutes or so to update. I left it alone so I can't tell you exactly but it does automatically update based on the firmware indicated in the receiver.firmware.new text file in the SqueezeCenter/server/firmware folder.

HTH

Jim