PDA

View Full Version : KCRW KO'd?

mcslim
2008-12-15, 17:25
I can access all the radio stations on Staff Picks except KCRW.
True for SqueezeCenter and SqueezeNetwork.
Is there a problem?
Thanks, Mark

toby10
2008-12-16, 03:05
I can access all the radio stations on Staff Picks except KCRW.
True for SqueezeCenter and SqueezeNetwork.
Is there a problem?
Thanks, Mark

Both listed streams in Staff Picks work fine here via SC.

mcslim
2008-12-16, 11:18
I'm still getting the error "No items found in playlist."

mcslim
2008-12-16, 11:26
Title: KCRW FM | Santa Monica, CA
URL: http://www.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwsimulcast.pls

toby10
2008-12-16, 13:52
Title: KCRW FM | Santa Monica, CA
URL: http://www.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwsimulcast.pls

SC7 Staff Picks
http://www.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwmusic.pls
http://www.kcrw.org/pls/kcrwworldnews.pls

Again, both play fine on my SC7 with SB3 and Boom. ????
You could try cut * paste into Tune In URL then save as a favorite.
But above is what SC7 Staff Picks are showing as the URL's on my SC7.

mcslim
2008-12-16, 13:54
Really weird. It is the only station I listen to via Squeeze and can't access it at all. All the other stations work though.

e-guy
2008-12-23, 09:34
I am having exactly the same proble with KCRW. Did you find a fix? Thanks.

mcslim
2009-02-20, 10:45
Nope. KCRW still not working.

toby10
2009-02-20, 11:57
Nope. KCRW still not working.

Yet again all KCRW feeds play fine for me. :(

SC7 > Internet Radio > Staff Picks > KCRW

I also tried the SEARCH function in SC7 and all three listed KCRW feeds play fine (requires a free RadioTime account to use this):
SC7 > Internet Radio > Search > KCRW *enter*

Can't imagine why these won't play for you guys. :(

mcslim
2009-02-20, 12:06
Wish I could figure it out too...it's the only radio station I like to listen to. Sometimes I can get it as an iTune selection, but not always...it connects intermittently. Never works in the staff picks/genre/publicUS area...but all the others do.

toby10
2009-02-20, 13:02
Wish I could figure it out too...it's the only radio station I like to listen to. Sometimes I can get it as an iTune selection, but not always...it connects intermittently. Never works in the staff picks/genre/publicUS area...but all the others do.

Yeah, it is odd. If you are using SC7 and not SN try the SEARCH function. These feeds will be from RadioTime (I think) and might be better feeds for you.

Even if you use SN, you could use SC7 SEARCH to get the station stream then cut & paste this URL onto your SN Favorites.

I don't use SN so I'm not very familiar with it's UI and interface. Is there a SEARCH function within SN?

Again, may not make a difference, but maybe worth trying. *shrug*

waltb
2009-02-20, 14:40
I am a relatively new Boom user who did not have problems until recently. Now, when I try to access Radiotime stations using SN I get a "No Items found in playlist" error message. I get the same message if I start from Radiotime Presets, Favorites, or using my Boom preset button. Any ideas?

toby10
2009-02-21, 03:15
I am a relatively new Boom user who did not have problems until recently. Now, when I try to access Radiotime stations using SN I get a "No Items found in playlist" error message. I get the same message if I start from Radiotime Presets, Favorites, or using my Boom preset button. Any ideas?

Only thing I can think of is to verify that your RadioTime login info is still in SN. Between SN and SC recent upgrades and SN recent server issues maybe your login info got scrambled.

All my SN account logins stayed in tact, but who knows.

Maybe verify your SN login info within SC as well.

waltb
2009-02-21, 06:37
Toby10, Thanks for getting back to me. I may have solved the problem (temporarily?) but really don't know if I did anything significant. I was going through the menus and found settings/playlist mode(beta)/playlist mode off/on. It seems to want to default to off and I attempted to get it on "on". Maybe I did something and maybe I didn't, but it now allows me to get to the radio stations and no error message "No Items found in playlist"!!! here's hoping that it stays functional. I love my Boom.