PDA

View Full Version : Controller screen stays white

Sisan
2008-12-15, 14:07
Hi
I have a controller whose screen suddenly displays only white. The backlight goes on and off when you'd expect, and powering on and off makes the right sounds. I've tried resetting (power cycle holding down '+') and replacing the battery - no effect. My other controller is working fine and all seems in order with the server.

Any ideas?
thanks

jvanhambelgium
2008-12-21, 11:26
Hi,

Since today, I have the same issue ;-)
I was already running 7.3 for some weeks with no problem. I discovered it when I left the controller on the couch for some time.
The controller DOES boot and "works" but I cannot see anything.

I tried :

- take battery out and wait before re-trying
- poweron + "+" (reset)
- poweron + "volume up" (boot previous firmware)

...I hear the sound when the controller activated...screen stays blank...
I will call Logitech tomorrow morning and file for an RMA .. my unit is still very much under warranty!

jvanhambelgium
2008-12-24, 02:28
UPDATE:

I contacted Logitech and explained the problem, my unit is beeing replace.
I had to "destroy" my current DUET, take pictures and upload to logitech support so they can verify it was rendered unusable.

I will receive a new package with receiver+controller soon...
My unit was only purchased begin of November so quite new actually...

Well...shit happens...still like the product very,very much!

Dogberry2
2008-12-24, 07:17
I had to "destroy" my current DUET, take pictures and upload to logitech support so they can verify it was rendered unusable.That is undoubtedly the oddest thing I've ever heard from any customer support team.

If you would PM those pictures to me, I can make a similar support call and maybe get an extra Controller. . . .

(Note to SlimFolks: I am only kidding. I wouldn't do that.)

jvanhambelgium
2008-12-25, 02:55
That is undoubtedly the oddest thing I've ever heard from any customer support team.

If you would PM those pictures to me, I can make a similar support call and maybe get an extra Controller. . . .

(Note to SlimFolks: I am only kidding. I wouldn't do that.)

Well...it is not that odd. They just want to be sure that the unit is disposed before sending me a brand new DUET package and it seems both controller and receiver are "part of the deal" even when only the controller failed on me.

I found it sad to hit down my hammer on a perfect working receiver...but they need several pictures with all serial-numbers etc so not easy to cheat on them ;-)

http://www.vanham-franck.be/pics/DSC06407.JPG