PDA

View Full Version : DNS problem on receiver?

soulboy
2008-12-14, 16:32
Hello,

I have searched the forums but not seen anything that totally covers my problem: I am getting the following error:

"Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (146) Unable to get players from SN:" which I believe is a DNS problem in my Duet receiver, or?

My setup is as follows:

Synology Diskstation 207, running Squeezecenter as packaged by Synology (7.2.1) I believe, wired to a Netgear WNR3500 router. Duet controller and player wireless. I have set them up as "fixed" IP in the router. Router is acting as DHCP.

I can connect to squeezenetwork when I choose that as source, but when choosing the receiver as source (or from the web interface of the server) I can not see my saved favourites etc... And I get an inifnate loop of above error... (Also beginning to think this is causing my Diskstation not to hibernate).

Long way here but is there a way to make sure that my receiver uses my router as DNS?

Or anybody with a good solution?

/s

Nautilus
2008-12-15, 04:31
Sorry, no solution, but just a confirmation that you're not the only one with this problem. My setup is pretty similar except I have Qnap TS-209II and I'm currently running 7.3 (the problem was there already with 7.2.1). I can select SqueezeNetwork from the controller but in the server log I have the same lines as you (and also these):

2295: mDNSResponderPosix: Error reading service file /volume1/SqueezeCenter/Cache/mDNS.conf
2294: mDNSResponder: Note: DNS Server 192.168.1.1 for domain . registered more than once
2298: [08-12-14 13:06:07.1127] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (146) Unable to get players from SN: Connect timed out: , retrying in 300 seconds
2297: [08-12-14 13:05:06.7273] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::PrefSync::_syncD own_error (359) Sync Down failed: Error on HTTP socket: , will retry in 3115058

In mDNS.conf I didn't see anything weird, though I'm not sure how it should look like...;)

In any case, I think the timeout for retrying gets bigger from 300s after a couple of tries so this might not be the reason why your server doesn't want to go to standby. And by the way, mine doesn't want to sleep either (the leds indicate that it is on standby but the disks keep spinning...)

soulboy
2008-12-15, 06:47
ok, too bad then.

I uninstalled the Synology Squeezecenter package and I am now back to SSODS. Integrations works but hibernation is another story...

A thing i also noteiced with the synology package is that there seems to be some permission issues: The log said something about cookies etc...

Maybe somebody in the 3rd party hardware section has a clue.

/s