PDA

View Full Version : Artist bio via Last FM - has it disappeared ?

swayzak
2008-12-14, 12:49
hi

I'm sure I could access this from the Duet Remote (on my "house" network, not via Squeezenetwork).

Am I mistaken or has it really gone ?

thanks

swayzak

swayzak
2008-12-15, 01:53
So I am going mad then ?

swayzak
2008-12-15, 08:03
No one help me here ?

andyg
2008-12-15, 08:34
It's still there, but not all artists have bios.

swayzak
2008-12-15, 08:58
It's still there, but not all artists have bios.

Thanks

Well I'll try it again tonight, but I'm sure the option on the Remote menu has gone for all music. Wasn't it an item on the More Info page ?

PS I'm talking about music played from my PC collection, not on LastFM itself.

andyg
2008-12-15, 09:04
Ah, so in that case the menu structure should be:

Now Playing -> On Last.fm -> Artist: foo -> Artist Bio

swayzak
2008-12-15, 09:26
Ah - so I was looking in the wrong place ?

thanks

Dogberry2
2008-12-17, 12:48
Ah, so in that case the menu structure should be:

Now Playing -> On Last.fm -> Artist: foo -> Artist Bio
The "On Last.fm" option only shows up if you have properly activated and authorized the Last.fm account in your SqueezeNetwork account. I think this might also be on a player-by-player basis. So possibly you have to go into SqueezeNetwork and make sure you've tied the Last.fm account in properly for the player in question.

swayzak
2008-12-17, 15:11
The "On Last.fm" option only shows up if you have properly activated and authorized the Last.fm account in your SqueezeNetwork account. I think this might also be on a player-by-player basis. So possibly you have to go into SqueezeNetwork and make sure you've tied the Last.fm account in properly for the player in question.

I tried it as andy suggested - still not there. All there is a a "Love" LastFM option, not the "On LastFM" !

I don't understand where it's gone as I haven't changed anything ..

And scrobbling appears to be setup properly on the SC Advanced tab.

Hmm ..

Dogberry2
2008-12-17, 15:13
I had scrobbling set up too, but didn't see the "On Last.fm" until I logged in to SqueezeNetwork and diddled the settings there, as well. Now I'm seeing the option as Andy described. Might be worth a try for you, perhaps. Good luck.

swayzak
2008-12-17, 15:21
I had scrobbling set up too, but didn't see the "On Last.fm" until I logged in to SqueezeNetwork and diddled the settings there, as well. Now I'm seeing the option as Andy described. Might be worth a try for you, perhaps. Good luck.

thanks

SN is not allowing me to enable scrobbling for the receiver (only option is "disabled"). However it is enabled in SC interface !

swayzak
2008-12-18, 15:41
Have now emailed tech support on this