PDA

View Full Version : Controller update problem

bruceswan
2008-12-12, 13:22
Hi, I've just installed SqueezeCentre Version: 7.3 - 24282 to my laptop. It runs fine. My laptop, receivers and controller are all on the same network and connected fine. The problem is that my controller is not registering that there is an update available. Even if I go to settings -> Advanced -> Software update, it tells me that the remote is upto date and asks if I want to reinstall version 7.2 r3191. Any ideas on how I can get it to 7.3 manually?

Thank you

Howard Passman
2008-12-12, 13:56
Hi, I've just installed SqueezeCentre Version: 7.3 - 24282 to my laptop. It runs fine. My laptop, receivers and controller are all on the same network and connected fine. The problem is that my controller is not registering that there is an update available. Even if I go to settings -> Advanced -> Software update, it tells me that the remote is upto date and asks if I want to reinstall version 7.2 r3191. Any ideas on how I can get it to 7.3 manually?

Thank you

Go to http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.3/ and grap the appropriate SBC firmware for your operating system. If you're using Windows use Jive 7.3 r3476.bin. Place it here on your computer

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\Cache

Restart SC and then restart your SBC. If it doesn't immediately tell you about it then go to Settings/Advnaced/Software Update

Howard