PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter 7.3 wont start

bpinnsvin
2008-12-12, 12:00
I installed the Microsoft Vista version on my machine and the installation went fine, but when I tried to start it, it wouldn't...the tray icon just stood there blinking for several minutes until I gave up. Removed and reinstalled..same result...I'm now back to 7.2.1 which works fine. Anyone else had this problem ?

EWA
2008-12-20, 20:02
Yeah, upgraded from 7.2.1 to 7.3 on a computer running Vista Ultimate SP1 using Windows Firewall and experienced exactly the same.

The eventlog reports the following : Undefined subroutine &main::initLogging called at slimserver.pl line 93

Tried both to disable and manually configure the firewall, but SC still didn't start .

fakarava2
2008-12-21, 04:57
Since I have upgraded to Squeezecenter 7.3 : if I modify the players settings they are not updated and the players don't work anymore, although Squeezecenter seems OK.
(the squeezecenter has been stopped then restarted)
(Running XP SP3)
The players work again if their settings are returned to default.
Is it a bug ?

simonjedrake
2008-12-21, 07:35
Since I have upgraded to Squeezecenter 7.3 : if I modify the players settings they are not updated and the players don't work anymore, although Squeezecenter seems OK.
(the squeezecenter has been stopped then restarted)
(Running XP SP3)
The players work again if their settings are returned to default.
Is it a bug ?

Identical experience for me.
I have now reverted back to a stable 7.2.1

Simon

fakarava2
2008-12-21, 08:01
I'd like to do so, but I can't find it on the download page...
I'll try the latest nightly, i.e. 7.3.1-24382.exe at this time.

fakarava2
2008-12-21, 08:34
Now it is a bit better, one can configure the players menus, but the audio level features seem inactive, especially the SB "gain", which BTW should have been called "attenuation" for ...years ;-)
I take advantage of this to write that it is often misunderstood and people complain that their SB has a poor sound...

mherger
2008-12-22, 03:43
> Yeah, upgraded from 7.2.1 to 7.3 on a computer running Vista Ultimate
> using Windows Firewall and experienced exactly the same.

Did you try 7.3.1? We've changed the way SC discovers writable folders
which solved startup problems for many Vista users.

Michael

fakarava2
2008-12-22, 08:18

Michael
As I've just written, 7.3.1-24382 has not solved the audio output parameters ("gain" and so on).

JanDavid
2008-12-22, 13:18
I installed the Microsoft Vista version on my machine and the installation went fine, but when I tried to start it, it wouldn't...the tray icon just stood there blinking for several minutes until I gave up. Removed and reinstalled..same result...I'm now back to 7.2.1 which works fine. Anyone else had this problem ?

I've the same problem with SC version 7.3. I will try back to 7.2.1, but where is the download site? At what URL can version 7.2.1 be found?

EWA
2008-12-22, 20:02

Michael

Sorry, Michael!
I installed the 7.3.1 build, and the effect is the same as with 7.3. The error message recorded in my Event Log is also the same.

defnk
2008-12-22, 21:48
Same problem, but on a newish XP machine...