PDA

View Full Version : Album Question(newb)

toby42o
2008-12-10, 19:35
I searched for the answer, but couldn't come up with it. I have the Duet, and under artists, there will be the same album list 2, 3, even 4 times, under the same artist. I edited my info using Mp3tag....after reading thru some of the posts on here. I don't know what other info you need about the set-up, but if someone could help me out, I would be grateful.....this is really annoying.

Thanks in advance

Toby

DoomWolf
2008-12-11, 09:07
I assume that if you look into each of the repeated albums you'll find a different set of tracks in each one, e.g. tracks 1-3 in one, 4-6 in another etc, with all of the tracks present but spread across each album?

When that's happened to me in the past, it's always been as a result of conflicts caused by different versions of ID3 tags present in the files (ID3v1 and ID3v2). You need to set up MP3Tag to read all of the different versions, write only one version and then use that to set all the existing tags to only ID3v2. I previously wrote a post on how to do that at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=362128&postcount=14

toby42o
2008-12-11, 18:00
I thank you, kind sir. I will read the post and hopefully it will solve my problem. I really love this device, it is my favorite new "toy"....even my kids love it, they say Daddy, put on the squeezebox so we can hear our songs! This is also a great site with lots of useful info, I will be one of my most visited sites.

Toby

kkeyte
2008-12-15, 04:58
I have exactly the same problem. Actually, the proposed fix doesn't fix it. Yes, I have had ID3v1 and ID3v2.3 tags together for every track. However, I just removed the v1 tags, confirmed they had gone and did a full rescan with SqueezeCenter. The problem is still identical.

Attached you'll see what I mean. One is from Dr.Tag, showing the MP3 tags, all of which have the same data. Look at the slbum name. The next is when I click on artist "Abba" and although I only have one album, it's showing it as six, five of which even have a different name. I've no idea where the "(disc 1)" bit comes from because it's definitely not in the tags. The last dump shows what I get when I click on the second album (the first with "disc 1" in the album name). Even the track order there is mixed up.

I'm actually starting to suspect SqueezeCenter, or the underlying MySQL data.

Of about 800 albums, this seems to have happened with just a few.

Karl

aubuti
2008-12-15, 07:23
@kkeyte: The "underlying MySQL data" are your tags. Have you checked for Ape tags in your tracks? In SC they will override ID3v2 tags.