PDA

View Full Version : Problems with multiple receivers

MadCityGeoff
2008-12-09, 12:14
Hello. I'm trying to add a second receiver to my SB Duet. The Duet controller and receiver work fine. The second receiver is from the pre-Duet days. I believe it's an SB3. When I plug it in, the display shows the Logitech logo, then it says "obtaining IP address," then "connecting to SqueezeCenter," and then the display goes blank and the unit doesn't respond unless I unplug it and start over. It doesn't respond to the Duet controller. Does anybody have any advice?

radish
2008-12-09, 12:18
The setup instructions are on page 7 of the manual, which is here: http://www.slimdevices.com/documentation/Squeezebox-v3-Owners-Guide.pdf

It sounds like your device already has a stored configuration (previous owner?), so do a factory reset first: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_Reset_commands

MadCityGeoff
2008-12-09, 13:20
Hi, radish. I was the previous owner of the SB3, and I had it configured for the same network I'm using now with the Duet. With some further web searching, I came across the Factory Test command on the Duet controller that lets me use it as an IR device with the SB3. This way, I was able to walk through the setup menu on the SB3 using the Duet controller. (I can't believe I discarded the original SB3 remote, but I did.)

However, I got to the point where it said that a software update was ready to install. The onscreen instructions say to press and hold the Brightness key on the controller, which I did using the IR interface screen on the Duet remote. Unfortunately, the receiver doesn't respond to this. Now it's hung up waiting to start the software update.

I tried to do as you suggested and do a reset. The instructions say to press the Add key on the remote. The Duet controller's IR screen doesn't have an equivalent, so I'm stuck there.

I'd really appreciate any further assistance you could offer.

radish
2008-12-09, 14:17
You can get around the "hold brightness" issue by going into "Current Settings" on the firmware menu and switching on automatic firmware updates - that will stop it prompting you.

Mark Miksis
2008-12-09, 14:33
You can get around the "hold brightness" issue by going into "Current Settings" on the firmware menu and switching on automatic firmware updates - that will stop it prompting you.

As long as the existing firmware version is recent enough to include that option. Otherwise you will need to buy or borrow a remote.

MadCityGeoff
2008-12-09, 14:40
I enabled automatic update and everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you!