PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 7.3 Question

seanmal99
2008-12-07, 21:04
Hello,

I am beginner squeezebox user and have a very basic question. I am considering updgrading to the beta of 7.3. Here are my questions:

- If it works will all my settings be transferred over or do i need to re-configure everything (it works good now so I dont want to mess stuff up too bad?

- If it doesn't work is reverting to the old version as simple as re-installing the old version?

Please advise. Thanks!

toby10
2008-12-08, 05:51
Hello,

I am beginner squeezebox user and have a very basic question. I am considering updgrading to the beta of 7.3. Here are my questions:

- If it works will all my settings be transferred over or do i need to re-configure everything (it works good now so I dont want to mess stuff up too bad?

- If it doesn't work is reverting to the old version as simple as re-installing the old version?

Please advise. Thanks!

- yes
- yes

But I'd recommend backing up all SC settings for sever, plugins, and favorites. Just in case. :)

bpa
2008-12-08, 06:38
If you have plugins or non-standard audio formats confhgured - make sure the plugins are compatible with 7.3 as there were a lot of changes which break plugins which stream audio (e.g. AlienBBC, inguz). Non-standard audio formats such as AAC on Linux, AACplus etc. will need updated custom-convert.conf files.