PDA

View Full Version : Something I just discovered...

MeSue
2008-12-07, 10:11
On the Squeezebox Controller, when you browse from now playing into song details, there are all these options listed for the music services:
On Last FM
On Pandora
On Slacker
etc.

I NEVER EVER used to click these because I thought it would just start playing similar music through those services. Well, a few days ago, I got daring and clicked on them. There is all kinds of neat info under those options! Artist bios, similar artists, and so on.

Anyone else have some "hey I never knew that" discoveries?

Howard Passman
2008-12-07, 13:35
Anyone else have some "hey I never knew that" discoveries?

When you're outside and the temps are freezing and the wind is howling, earbuds don't do zip for keeping your ears warm. Think I'm switching to headphones on the walkies. I may look goofy, but my ears will thank me..

:-)

MeSue
2008-12-07, 13:40
Hopefully that is something I never have to discover. As a second-generation Florida native, I avoid going outside when it's below 50!

You could do what my hubby does on the tractor, put ear-muffs (his are for noise) on top of the earbuds.

Howard Passman
2008-12-07, 13:51
Hopefully that is something I never have to discover. As a second-generation Florida native, I avoid going outside when it's below 50!

You could do what my hubby does on the tractor, put ear-muffs (his are for noise) on top of the earbuds.

:-) Oh, no, no, no. I'll freeze.

What tribe are you from in FLA? I lived in Gainesville and Pensacola for 13 years. Gladly traded the bugs for the cold :-) Of course I'm a native D.C. guy..

Howard

MeSue
2008-12-07, 15:06
Born and raised in the Tampa Bay area (Palm Harbor), but now I live in north central FL, near the Ocala Nat'l forest, which is a little more than an hour from Gainesville.

I'll take the bugs over the cold... there are chemicals for handling them. ;-)

Howard Passman
2008-12-07, 15:18
Born and raised in the Tampa Bay area (Palm Harbor), but now I live in north central FL, near the Ocala Nat'l forest, which is a little more than an hour from Gainesville.

The night before I moved from G'ville to P'cola I had a party. The person who brought the biggest Palmetto bug had the honor of sending it with me to Pensacola. It was a long time ago and **we** were taking the chemicals ;-)

MeSue
2008-12-07, 16:01
ha-ha! I don't know which I hate more... the palmetto bugs or the giant greenhead horse flies.

Dogberry2
2008-12-08, 09:20

Ocala National Forest is the location of many of my fondest memories. When we lived on the Space Coast and the kids were small, we camped there, near a tiny whistlestop village called Altoona, at least once or twice a month every year, from late February until late November. It was a magic place for us all. Haven't been there in twenty years, but now that we live up north I get a hankering to go back every year about this time. (It was 14 degrees outside when I woke up this morning. Palmetto bugs seem unimportant in comparison.)

MeSue
2008-12-08, 09:53
Very cool. I have never been to Altoona and had to look it up on the map. It is on the far opposite side of the forest from where we are. I hope you get to go back someday. :-) I feel sorry for the people who come to FL and only do the Disney/Orlando thing. Florida has so many better things to offer.

Dogberry2
2008-12-08, 10:11
Very cool. I have never been to Altoona and had to look it up on the map. It is on the far opposite side of the forest from where we are. I hope you get to go back someday. :-) I feel sorry for the people who come to FL and only do the Disney/Orlando thing. Florida has so many better things to offer.
Yes, Altoona was just a crossroads, with a little Mom & Pop all-in-one general store where we stopped for canned goods and firewood on our way to the camp area. We camped at Clearwater Lake, which is on the southern edge of the forest, but we explored many of the other areas as well, over the years. It is beautiful. We might go back for a visit soon, though we won't be camping. Our days of sleeping in a tent are behind us, I'm afraid. But it was a wonderful time while it lasted, and we will always have our memories. And as E.B. White said, "Remembrance is sufficient of the beauty we have seen."

coffeetime
2009-01-05, 00:32
I don't know, if it's even worth to mention it, but what I've just discovered is that when you press volume buttons +/- you don't have to hold + or - buttons to change the volume.
You can just press + or - and than increase/decrease volume simply by scroll wheel button.

funkstar
2009-01-05, 02:55
I don't know, if it's even worth to mention it, but what I've just discovered is that when you press volume buttons +/- you don't have to hold + or - buttons to change the volume.
You can just press + or - and than increase/decrease volume simply by scroll wheel button.
This works for Boom as well :)

kwomba
2009-01-05, 05:13
Or press the Vol- and Vol+ simultaneously and the sound will be muted!

funkstar
2009-01-05, 07:00
Or press the Vol- and Vol+ simultaneously and the sound will be muted!
Oh thats a good one! :)

InTheBath
2009-01-13, 02:24
For a couple of these reasons, I'd like to remap some functions of the remote.

I never use both volume buttons, I always tap one and scroll to my desired position. I'd love to make one of the volume buttons into a shuffle button.

Similarly, the mute function is redundant for me. Why would anybody mute the player when there's a pause button? I'd like the ability to make pressing both volume buttons go to my playlist menu.

Is there any way to achieve this?

M.