PDA

View Full Version : Local questions

lammie200
2008-12-06, 21:57
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a Squeezebox Classic. I have had no problems connecting it, etc. I understand the utility of having my PC running and playing the Squeezebox through Squeeze Center. However, there are many times when I just want to play with the PC off using Squeeze Network. For the most part that seems to work OK. However, I am confused on a couple of things when I have my PC off and am playing the Squeezebox through the Squeeze Network.

Problem 1: The location shown for Local Radio always seems to be changing. It seems to show cities from all over the USA at various times. When it does get close to home (I live in San Francisco) it says San Rafael, CA. In the Settings Menu I have put San Francisco as my Location, but that doesn't seem to have an effect on the Local Radio. In summary, whenever I turn on the Squeezebox and play Local Radio through the Squeeze Network the location comes up different everytime. What am I doing wrong?

Problem 2: Some of the Local Radio stations lose the connection right after a song finishes. This always happens on particular stations. Other stations are very stable. I have tried playing the station through Squeeze Center with my PC on and the station doesn't lose the signal after a song finishes like it does through Squeeze Network. I have checked URL's and they are they same both ways. What am I doing wrong here?

Any help is appreciated.

Mark Miksis
2008-12-06, 22:32
Problem 1: The location shown for Local Radio always seems to be changing. It seems to show cities from all over the USA at various times. When it does get close to home (I live in San Francisco) it says San Rafael, CA. In the Settings Menu I have put San Francisco as my Location, but that doesn't seem to have an effect on the Local Radio. In summary, whenever I turn on the Squeezebox and play Local Radio through the Squeeze Network the location comes up different everytime. What am I doing wrong?

Which settings menu? Have you set your zip code on www.squeezenetwork.com under Accounts->RadioTime?

lammie200
2008-12-06, 22:49
Which settings menu? Have you set your zip code on www.squeezenetwork.com under Accounts->RadioTime?

Yeah, the Radio Time settings has my zip code in it. However, I was referring to the settings on the Squeezebox itself. I am still stumped on this.

alZmtbr
2008-12-07, 20:30
perhaps it has to do with your local ISP? Where you are is probably tracked by your public router's IP address. If your ISP is in a different county, locality - then what would one expect?

For myself I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - but for awhile, my wife from Toronto (400Km away) was fialing into the Ottawa ISP - so local was Ottawa, not Toronto.

~a