PDA

View Full Version : Help; Can't Get BAND (Album Artist) to appear in Title format

Volition
2008-12-06, 17:53
Hi There,

I've been trying for a while and had a look around, whenever i use BAND in the tile format nothing appears, either on the Web interface or SB3 display.

I have my setting for 'TPE2' set to Treat as album Artist, and 'list Albums By Band'

I can't seem to figure out what is going wrong. When I click on the playing song in the web interface i can confirm the songs are tagged with an album artist. Is my Squeezecenter playing up. When i hiver on the Help, it lists 'BAND' as a viable field. Yet i'm having no luck.

Anyway to fix this would be of great appreciattion.

Kind regards,

Vol.

Philip Meyer
2008-12-07, 03:33
>the Help, it lists 'BAND' as a viable field. Yet i'm having no luck.
>
BAND means any band contributors associated with the song, but you have configured TPE2 to represent Album Artist, not Band, so displaying BAND will show nothing for you.

You could try adding ALBUMARTIST as a new title format item.

Phil

Volition
2008-12-07, 17:35
I Tried that, before with no luck for example;

TRACKNUM. TITLE - ARTIST - ALBUM - ALBUMARTIST

shows

1. Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles - Revolver - ALBUMARTIST

I'm not sure what is happening, i'm thinking that it could involve some settings in the "Custom scan" plugin by Erland.

Still Trying,

Vol.

Wigster
2009-01-11, 15:09
I'm seeing the same thing: ALBUMARTIST is not interpreted as a valid keyword for the TPE2 tag in Title Formats in SC 7.3.1

flynn
2009-05-07, 09:58
is there a full list of keywords supported by "Title Format"? or are only the keywords mentioned in the webUI's help supported?

I'd like to have the equivalent to TRACKCOUNT and DISCCOUNT...

erland
2009-05-10, 22:03
is there a full list of keywords supported by "Title Format"? or are only the keywords mentioned in the webUI's help supported?

I'd like to have the equivalent to TRACKCOUNT and DISCCOUNT...

Try "TRACKNUM", "DISC" or "DISCC"

I believe most of the supported format tags are setup in the "init" method in this perl file:
http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.3/trunk/server/Slim/Music/TitleFormatter.pm

flynn
2009-05-11, 12:57
Try "TRACKNUM", "DISC" or "DISCC"

I believe most of the supported format tags are setup in the "init" method in this perl file:
http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.3/trunk/server/Slim/Music/TitleFormatter.pm

"DISCC" works as the count of discs. Thanks!

But I can't find a keyword for the count of tracks

TRACKNUM = index of the track
???? = total number of tracks
DISC = index of the disc
DISCC = total number of discs

Volition
2009-08-07, 22:48
Has anyone managed to fix this issue?

erland
2009-08-08, 00:30
Has anyone managed to fix this issue?

It might work to use the Mixed Tag scanning module in Custom Scan. After you have scanned the library with this scanning module, goto Custom Scan settings under Various Settings and select to publish CUSTOMSCAN_MIXEDTAG_ALBUMARTIST as a title format.

If that doesn't work, it might also work with the Custom Tag scanning module in Custom Scan if you scan BAND and then in Custom Scan settings under Various Settings make sure to select to publish CUSTOMSCAN_CUSTOMTAG_BAND as a title format.

I think both solutions should work but I'm not sure which will have most performance impact on the scanning process. As far as I can see ALBUMARTIST is not published as a title format in standard SqueezeCenter. BAND should be published already today but I'm guessing it might not work if you have configured 'TPE2' to be treated as album artist.

MrSinatra
2009-08-12, 15:30
this is another reason why i think TPE2 handling should be looked at again.

why not let the scanner optionally use TPE2 to fill in both AA and Band?

or, why not have an option to sort by the Band tag (instead of treating TPE2 as AA)?

of course, it would be quicker for SC to simply support AA in the name keywords. is it really the case SC doesn't support it now?