PDA

View Full Version : I've Lost All My Favourites !!!!

norderney
2008-12-06, 14:43
I turned on my PC today and went into the SqueezeCenter web interface. When I selected Favourites under Music Library I found that it was empty. There was nothing listed under Faavourites. I had set up about 15 radio station URLs and also had a link to RadioFeeds.co.uk. All gone.

Any idea what could cause them to disappear?

I am running SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.2 - 24134 @ Tue Dec 2 02:02:54 PST 2008. My Favourites were there yesterday.

Is there anyway to retrieve them or are they gone?

How do I setup RadioFeeds.co.uk so that it appears under Favourites? or is there a way to get RadioFeeds.co.uk to appear under the Internet Radio section?

Where are Favourites stored? Can they be backed up? I store my FLAC music files on a separate external HDD.

Any help would be appreciated.

bpa
2008-12-06, 14:56
I think Favorites are saved in a file called favorites.opml.

It is usually stored in the SC playlist directory but if the playlist directory is not defined, I think it is stored in the cache directory - in which case if the cache directory is deleted - favorites are gone.

Moonbase
2008-12-06, 15:07
That would explain why my favourites were all gone after I switched from »MusicIP only« (empty Music and Playlist Folders) to using Music and Playlist folders!

Mark Miksis
2008-12-06, 15:49
That would explain why my favourites were all gone after I switched from »MusicIP only« (empty Music and Playlist Folders) to using Music and Playlist folders!

In your case, you might be able to retrieve your old favorites.opml from your cache dir and move it to your playlist dir.

Moonbase
2008-12-08, 18:34
[…] might be able to retrieve your old favorites.opml from your cache dir and move it to your playlist dir.
Good to point that out, thanks!
(In my case, there were only a few, so I just set them up again. But it’s good to know, just in case.)

mswlogo
2008-12-10, 14:15
In your case, you might be able to retrieve your old favorites.opml from your cache dir and move it to your playlist dir.

Where is the cache directory?

I'm on XP.

bpa
2008-12-10, 14:16
See Settings/Status web page