PDA

View Full Version : SC only detects 2,000 of 20,000 songs

begould
2008-12-06, 07:54
Scan locks up with errors. Any fix?

toby10
2008-12-06, 09:02
why does sc only detect 2,000 of 20,000 songs? Is there a fix?

I'd suggest posting more info on your setup. Computer, Slim hardware, OS, type of song format, etc....

Is iTunes at all a part of your song collection (downloaded or ripped via iTunes)?

Do you see any difference in what SC is and is not finding? Like: finds all MP3's but not WMA's etc....

Entire music collection properly tagged? How?

begould
2008-12-06, 12:08
It's a Duet, operating system is XP. According to the scan log the scans keep locking up due to album title problems. Is there a way to have the scan software simply skip tracks with these issues?

toby10
2008-12-07, 04:32
It's a Duet, operating system is XP. According to the scan log the scans keep locking up due to album title problems. Is there a way to have the scan software simply skip tracks with these issues?

Again, what is the file format(s) of your music library? All MP3's? Mix of formats? Can you determine any pattern as to why those 2,000 songs? First 2,000 songs are FLAC? Can you determine what is different about those title tags?

There are settings to have the completed scan ignore certain file types for display. But I don't think you can select it to not scan certain file types, but I've never tried this.