PDA

View Full Version : Transporter & Remote...

verypsb
2008-12-06, 07:35
If you ask me...

Shouldn't the SqueezeBox Controller be included with the SqueezeBox Transporter, instead of the basic IR remote controller that's bundled right now? I think that the SqueezeBox Transporter would be more 'high end' and better value for money. (And easier to sell)

Shredder
2008-12-06, 09:23
Hard to argue with that.

pippin
2008-12-06, 09:30
Not hard to argue.
I don't believe that there's anybody out there who would decide on the purchase of a transporter based on whether he or she gets a controller along with it.
Especially since that would have to be prices in somehow.

bpa
2008-12-06, 09:52
It would have to be bundled with an ordinary remote as well as not all users may have Wifi and I don't think Transporter can do an ad-hoc wifi network.

Also IR capability of controller may not be able to do all IR functions of remote (e.g. brightness, hold left) for those difficult situations where Transporter needs factor/Xilinx reset.

bhaagensen
2008-12-06, 16:41
I think that the SqueezeBox Transporter would be more 'high end' and better value for money. (And easier to sell)

Since you ask... It could also have the opposite effect. People who shell out for a Transporter are likely to case alot about sound quality. Knowing that a significant part of the cost was used for non-sound improving features may put them off and seek other solutions.

I know I think this way... I also prefer the ir-remote with the tp most of the time. Its faster and gets the job done.

The "audiophile" high end remote often only have basic functionality, but are built very well built with features such at metal casings etc.

Anyway many dealers often include the controller with the tp at no extra cost.

mswlogo
2008-12-07, 09:14
Also IR capability of controller may not be able to do all IR functions of remote (e.g. brightness, hold left) for those difficult situations where Transporter needs factor/Xilinx reset.

I beleive you can do all the odd things with the front panel on the transporter. You can run it with no remote.

I've seen a lot of bundles from resellers that offer a Duet controller with Transporter.

Philip Meyer
2008-12-07, 17:29
>Shouldn't the SqueezeBox Controller be included with the SqueezeBox
>Transporter, instead of the basic IR remote controller that's bundled
>right now? I think that the SqueezeBox Transporter would be more 'high
>end' and better value for money. (And easier to sell)
I disagree. I'm very happy with my Transporter Remote, I haven't got a SBC, and don't miss not having one.

I have nowhere sensible to plug a charger in. My IR remote has lasted ages without needing new batteries.

mvalera
2008-12-08, 10:10
Sure we can include it... the new price will be $2299.99. :)

Mike