PDA

View Full Version : Remote streaming default bitrate

lemmy999
2008-12-04, 13:52
When I connect to my Squeezecenter from a remote location and start to stream music, the player always defaults to "No Limit" or 320. If I set it to 96 or 128 it will later remember that setting when I reconnect. Is there anyway to make the default 96 or 128?

peterw
2008-12-04, 14:42
When I connect to my Squeezecenter from a remote location and start to stream music, the player always defaults to "No Limit" or 320. If I set it to 96 or 128 it will later remember that setting when I reconnect. Is there anyway to make the default 96 or 128?

Install my SettingsManager plugin.
Attach a remote streaming client.
Set its limit to 96, 128, whatever you want.
Go to the SettingsManager page and
Select that remote streaming client as the source for the settings
Click the checkbox next to "Basic SqueezeCenter player configuration (server)" (if you prefer, you should be able to expand that tree and select only the "Network: Bitrate limiting (maxBitrate)" setting)
In the "Copy to" choices, select "Web Default"
Click Apply.

From that point on, new streaming clients should get your chosen bitrate limit. Streaming clients are identified by IP address, so if you get a connection from a previously seen IP address, its bitrate limiting setting will not be affected, but never-before-seen IP addresses will get the desired limit.

I'd encourage you to search on bugs.slimdevices.com and enter a feature request if there's not one already (and vote for any existing feature requests), as you're certainly not the first person to ask for this.

-Peter

lemmy999
2008-12-05, 10:57
Thanks. I will give it a shot as soon as I get 7.3 running.